World Cup qualifiers - Qatar 2022

22 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Ended up a skoosh. Tap boys Canada. Congrats [mention=71221]senorsoupe[/mention] I hope you don't remember tonight

There will be a few more adult beverages consumed, but I can't get hammered tonight.  

Definitely some celebrations to be had, this is incredible

1 hour ago, senorsoupe said:

I never thought I would see this day.  All of the false dawns, all of the demons, all of the f**k ups have been exorcised.  

Canada is going to the World Cup

Was at both games in Edmonton and it has been great to watch the last few months.  This is so good for the sport in Canada, especially with co-hosting in 2026.  Unbelievably the half-wits who run the Provincial government still have not endorsed Edmonton as one of the host cities.  They have no idea what the economic benefits alone would mean to Edmonton as well as the province.  Onward and upward for Qatar, if Scotland qualify hope we are not in the same group as we would struggle against this Canadian team.

12 minutes ago, EdmontonDandy said:

Was at both games in Edmonton and it has been great to watch the last few months.  This is so good for the sport in Canada, especially with co-hosting in 2026.  Unbelievably the half-wits who run the Provincial government still have not endorsed Edmonton as one of the host cities.  They have no idea what the economic benefits alone would mean to Edmonton as well as the province.  Onward and upward for Qatar, if Scotland qualify hope we are not in the same group as we would struggle against this Canadian team.

At some point I hope we can get some MNT games here in Ottawa.  When the WNT played a friendly against Brazil here a few years ago the place was packed (including me)

Congratulations to our Canadian cousins. Been a long time coming.

Hard to believe now, but nobody in the tabloid sports press knew Roy Hodgson from Adam when he took the Swiss to USA '94. In England's absence, the viewing public knew all about him by the time Switzerland were eliminated, though. Apparently Ireland had a few players born in England too.

No doubt our crew would've been chasing down the glory if Boaby Williamson had managed Uganda on the big stage (no pun intended, @RH33).

I've got family in Ontario so I'm delighted to see them qualify but the BBC and ITV will be insufferable with the Johnny Englishman leading them to their first WC in 30 odd years. 

Watched both Oceania games yesterday (first one was good fun and end to end at times). Tahiti didn't offer much but NZ looked pretty poor, you'd think Costa Rica should have enough to get past them (or Soloman Islands).