Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

2 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Abuse & a red dot!

Win - Win!

Where is the abuse? What's wrong with being a da? 

You're one of those posters that lowkey freaks me out, we've never really discussed anything at all but yet you think you know me, you make baseless accusations about what I think and believe and barely any of them are true. You're casting doubt about where I live for some strange reason and you're main point said with gusto is that I'm somehow lying about being unsure who my list vote goes to and that I'm lying about Labour doing poor in my specific constituency? 

Why are you making so many baseless assumptions? Posters like you build up some weird fantasy version of people and seem to spend far more time talking about what you think other people think rather than dealing with what they actually say. 

Lastly, how fucking far gone do you need to be to say to someone that's sincerely posted their thoughts on the upcoming election... - "I think that that demonstrates the value of Stormzy's political opinions."

...and then hark on about abuse because someone called you "a da" 

On 16/10/2020 at 11:19, Stormzy said:

I wanted Brexit so I cant see why Scotland attempting to join the EU would be worthwhile.. 

On 16/10/2020 at 11:40, Stormzy said:

I didnt vote for Brexit either way.. 

On 16/10/2020 at 12:09, Stormzy said:

I had the choice to vote and i chose to vote Remain 

Once again may I take this opportunity to respectively refer otherwise cerebral contributors to consider the flightiness of those that can journey from full Farage through the conundrums of Kirstene Hair and finally alight with the insouciance of freeform jazz at full-on Ken Clarke and get this, within one hour.

16 minutes ago, sophia said:

Once again may I take this opportunity to respectively refer otherwise cerebral contributors to consider the flightiness of those that can journey from full Farage through the conundrums of Kirstene Hair and finally alight with the insouciance of freeform jazz at full-on Ken Clarke and get this, within one hour.

Firstly, you have diabolical patter. It's chronic beyond redemption tbqhwy.

Secondly, you've somehow after searching through 5 month old posts managed to miss out the context in who and what I was replying to whilst also failing to post my contribution where I explained that I was someone who grew up anti EU and keen on leaving before it was a major political movement but after seeing Farage and his poster about refugees near the end of the campaign thought it would be better to oppose that disgusting type of politics and vote Remain. None of this is even close to being a tangible gotcha moment, you're just posting pish for the sake of it here. 

18 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Its all about me. ME. ME!

You spam the board with absolute crap 24/7 and react badly when your idiocy is pointed out to you.

For example, a Labour list vote in your constituency is practically guaranteed to elect at least one list MSP if not 2. In fact, should Labour fail to hold East Lothian (as is likely), they might even get 3 list seats if the list percentages are similar to 2016!

I'm only pointing out simple mathematical truths, yet you react with red dots and suggestions that I'm a da who should "turn off the computer and go to bed"

Feel free to continue your dotting spree. You'll note that I don't play that childish game. I would be interested, however, for you to justify why you consider a Labour list vote in South Scotland to be a "waste"

21 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

You spam the board with absolute crap 24/7 and react badly when your idiocy is pointed out to you.

For example, a Labour list vote in your constituency is practically guaranteed to elect at least one list MSP if not 2. In fact, should Labour fail to hold East Lothian (as is likely), they might even get 3 list seats if the list percentages are similar to 2016!

I'm only pointing out simple mathematical truths, yet you react with red dots and suggestions that I'm a da who should "turn off the computer and go to bed"

Feel free to continue your dotting spree. You'll note that I don't play that childish game. I would be interested, however, for you to justify why you consider a Labour list vote in South Scotland to be a "waste"

You're an NPC.

9 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Red dot for my previous post ✔️

Incomprehensible reply ✔️

Explanation why voting Labour on the South Scotland list is a "waste" ❌

Two out of three. Much what I expected.

Dot away, wee man.

(Option C) - Leave Conversation. 

11 hours ago, Stormzy said:

Firstly, you have diabolical patter. It's chronic beyond redemption tbqhwy.

Secondly, you've somehow after searching through 5 month old posts managed to miss out the context in who and what I was replying to whilst also failing to post my contribution where I explained that I was someone who grew up anti EU and keen on leaving before it was a major political movement but after seeing Farage and his poster about refugees near the end of the campaign thought it would be better to oppose that disgusting type of politics and vote Remain. None of this is even close to being a tangible gotcha moment, you're just posting pish for the sake of it here. 

This is all entirely irrelevant. You've set out 3 contrary positions in short order - all designed to back up whatever point you were making at the time. That's the sort of thing Trump or Johnson would do under pressure - just lie to suit the needs of the specific moment. 

You're a waste of time and space on here and have been for months now. 

In other news, I'm sure I saw a Tory policy the other day - to repeal the hate crime bill. 

Now, that's them telling us about something they'll undo but what about what they will do? Here's the update from their website which isn't SNP BAD (the rest of the article is SNP BAD). 

"Which is why over the coming weeks up to the election, we will be continuing to set out our positive plan for Scotland’s recovery from coronavirus.

For delivering economic growth and good jobs in every part of our country by investing in community deals and allowing every Scot to access £500 every year for training.

For delivering a catch-up plan for our schools, by recruiting 3,000 more teachers, investing £120 million into a pupil premium and delivering a national tutoring programme.

For delivering the infrastructure that our nation needs for the future by rolling out full fibre broadband across Scotland and reopening local railways and stations.

For our policy on wraparound childcare which, maybe selfishly, I want to bring in as soon as possible."

On 29/03/2021 at 21:09, Glen Sannox said:

They are certainly rubbish at football. As for the kitchen stuff, I would never dream of implying that.

Please spare me the woman’s football stuff. It’s utter shite, yet we are now exposed to, under some bizarre box ticking exercise, to listen to someone who played for Doncaster Belles as a pundit/expert, instead of Matt Le Tissier. 

It’s total Pony.

I'm wondering if there's anything you're not wrong about.

8 minutes ago, HTG said:

"For delivering economic growth and good jobs in every part of our country by investing in community deals and allowing every Scot to access £500 every year for training."

That sounds like Individual Learning Accounts, which Labour set up in 1997. IIRC it was heavily scammed as dodgy training providers popped up overnight and got people to sign up for basic IT courses. Lots of folk who took advantage of the scheme were well paid, graduates, doing hobby courses in photography and stuff like that. I think they scrapped them in England. We still have a version of them, Individual Training Accounts, with changes made to focus them at young and unemployed people.

Policy isn't for amateurs.

1 hour ago, HTG said:

This is all entirely irrelevant. You've set out 3 contrary positions in short order - all designed to back up whatever point you were making at the time. That's the sort of thing Trump or Johnson would do under pressure - just lie to suit the needs of the specific moment. 

You're a waste of time and space on here and have been for months now. 

They're not contradictory at all. I don't think you have the best grasp of English.

I said I wanted it, I then I said I didnt vote for it. Which is true because even though I initially wanted Brexit I then changed my mind and voted Remain, I can see why simple minds struggle to understand someone changing their mind and articulating it though. 

The rest of your post is waffle, do you think you're not a waste of space here? Are you a great contributor or something? You definitely have an ego larger than your brain. 

41 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

It wasn’t a right or wrong scenario. It was merely an opinion. That said, I’m mindful that you’re not really allowed these anymore.

You're allowed your opinion, and I'm allowed to call you an insecure sexist roaster for expressing this particular opinion.

I'm glad the club you support don't have the same backward opinions as you.

So the GMB are advising rejection of the 4% pay offer.  

https://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/nhs-workers-urged-to-reject-proposed-4-pay-rise-offer-from-scottish-government-3184268

Other unions are putting it to the vote without recommendation.

The GMB sponsor Anas Sarwar.

The GMB's regional organiser is Karen Leonard (wife of the previous SLab leader).

I just hope that this is just a coincidence but I'm somewhat cynical about this move.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Noticed Laurence Fox's  Reclaim mob are running a candidate in the Glasgow Pollok seat currently held by Justice minister Humza Yusaf in the form of former Scots comedian of the year Leo Kearse.

Herald article

Former Scots comedian of the year Leo Kearse is to stand in the forthcoming Scottish parliament elections as a candidate for Laurence Fox's Reclaim Party.

The Glasgow-based writer intends to contest Glasgow Pollok, the seat of Justice Minister Humza Yousaf.

In a publicity statement Mr Kearse who describes himeself as a "right-wing liberal comedian' said he would repeal the Hate Crime bill if elected and "expose corruption, incompetence, and systemic wokeness within the SNP".

The Reclaim Party has said it will back a package of reforms at Holyrood, including strengthening the powers of the Scottish Parliament by giving MSPs parliamentary privilege, as well as splitting up the prosecutorial and governmental responsibilities of the Lord Advocate into different positions.

Mr Kearse said: “The police, the church, the legal profession and even us comedians have all expressed opposition to this hated hate Bill.

“When once we had freedom, Scots now live under the increasingly stultifying boot of the SNP, where even our ability to speak freely around the dinner table is set to be policed by Humza Yousaf and Nicola Sturgeon.

“With wokeness and extreme nationalism seemingly the only acceptable discourses allowed in Scotland these days, I feel now is the right time to stand up and be counted."

The comedian demanded an apology from the Live Comedy Association, following accusations he was racise.

It followed an appearance on Radio 4’s Today programme to discuss diversity in the BBC’s comedy output.

The Scottish stand-up said that it was important for the Corporation to give more airtime to working-class comedians and those with more varied political views as well as addressing ethnic diversity.

He accused the BBC of having a 'lazy sneery anti-working class bias', adding:  ‘There's no diversity. The diversity in  BBC comedy runs skin deep. It's run by a nepotistic Oxbridge cabal who just get ther Oxbridge people with a slightly differnt skin colour to present things.

His comments provoked an angry backlash on Twitter and accusations of racist. He responded with an open letter to the Live Comedy Association, writing: ‘The intent of my message was clear to everyone listening - that the BBC has a lack of diversity and draws the majority of its talent from a tiny unrepresentative pool of privately-educated Oxbridge graduates." 

He advertised his 2018 Edinburgh Fringe show with the message: 'Don't come if you are poor."