Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Love him or hate him, I suppose that Alex Salmond is possibly THE biggest beast of Scottish politics. 

No pun intended. 

He's box office, and he knows it. He'll get a huge amount of coverage, whatever he comes out with. 

Maybe once upon a time but no longer, anyway the two publications I referenced will play the Alba story in a way that suits their agendas.  

5 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Apparently this is a genuine Tory leaflet:

Screenshot_20210404-005927_Reddit.thumb.jpg.55f213ba96633b79ba3ccb79f84c5e83.jpg

One of these claims (home ownership) is wrong, another (wealth distribution) is skewed, though the policy itself is supportable and the other four are accurate and are definitely cause for supporting the Greens.

Don’t think I’d want a Green majority in Holyrood but happy to see them exerting influence on an SNP minority administration.

12 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Love him or hate him, I suppose that Alex Salmond is possibly THE biggest beast of Scottish politics. 

No pun intended. 

He's box office, and he knows it. He'll get a huge amount of coverage, whatever he comes out with. 

Yes you're right, he is BO with the press, but his persona has been severely dented in the country especially with women.

22 hours ago, GordonS said:

Quality work by Philip Sim as usual.

One I would add to his list is Glasgow Kelvin. Patrick Harvie came second here for the Greens last time, and the sitting SNP MSP, Sandra White, is retiring. It's extremely unlikely the seat is in play this time but if the Greens closed the gap sufficiently it could be competitive in future.

I'd also watch the Lothian list. If the SNP pick up one or two of the constituencies they don't currently hold then it will put more pressure at the bottom of the list, potentially squeezing someone one. The SNP could win half the seats in the region off well under half the votes, so the bar for getting that last regional seat would rise.

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 12.08.56.png

I'm glad Sandra White has retired. I'd have struggled to vote for her again, she's absolutely fucking useless.

18 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'm glad Sandra White has retired. I'd have struggled to vote for her again, she's absolutely fucking useless.

I hadn't considered the possibility that the SNP vote might go up because she was retiring.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I hadn't considered the possibility that the SNP vote might go up because she was retiring.

I think "stay steady" would be more accurate.

Although our MSP being fucking useless and our MP recently being outed as being a bit handsy probably won't help.

On 04/04/2021 at 01:02, DA Baracus said:

Apparently this is a genuine Tory leaflet:

Screenshot_20210404-005927_Reddit.thumb.jpg.55f213ba96633b79ba3ccb79f84c5e83.jpg

With 31 MSP's and 24 of them list, the tories are heavily dependent on list votes and are shitting themselves over the likes of the Greens and Alba garnering list votes.

The leaflet is totally scaremongering Goebbels/Brexit type propaganda.

Surprised that they didn't add that a Plague of Locusts would befall Scotland if you vote Green.

Scrapping nuclear weapons and saving £150 -£170 Billion on replacement missiles, that have to have their guidance systems serviced in the USA, is to my mind is a welcome idea.

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Got this through the door earlier. The absolute state of these utter scum. Total pieces of shit.

20210407_111346.thumb.jpg.dd858d06cc1c79e6dcd1f5321ce073ef.jpg

Neutral on a couple of major issues confronting our country right now.

What a complete waste of space.

https://scottishfamily.org/policies/other-policies/scottish-independence-and-eu/

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Got this through the door earlier. The absolute state of these utter scum. Total pieces of shit.

20210407_111346.thumb.jpg.dd858d06cc1c79e6dcd1f5321ce073ef.jpg

I thought this was a Tory leaflet at first. How silly of me, all the points probably fit in with the tories but there isn't a single mention of the evil SNP.