Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

30 minutes ago, sophia said:

Mind in the 1970's when women were allowed into pubs for the first time?

I recall the more unreconstructed gentlemen of the time struggling to accept such a scenario.

I'm so happy that a societal level we've moved on.

Women don't get a fair shake throughout the world, and you're right about the pubs but some bars had a ladies snug as I recall.

Muslim women can't go to prayer if they are menstruating, and how about female genital mutilation? I had a you Egyption from the upper nile working with me way back, a clever lad and we got on well, I asked him why do they do female mutilation and his answer once, "To make them less hot", from that I reckoned this harked back to tribal days with small communities where adutery would cause an uproar.

I remmeber in Scotland that when a couple separated the man could put an ad in the local paper naming his wife and that he would not be responsible for her debts. Awful.

I am surrounded by women and girls in my family and they are a blessing but they can be the most obstinate but it's soon forgotten, plus a few of them have turned out to be quite clever  and have gone on to gain good degrees, I am well looked after by them and they have been a load of laughs.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sandy - you’re missing the point.

Absolutely no problem with women’s teams. Good luck to them.

What I and the Mrs hate are women commentators and pundits.

Let them deal with the women’s game.

Ah come on - if it weren’t for them women commentators, what would have to gripe about when you go out for a pint with Jim Davidson, Bernard Manning, and Jim Bowen? The missus spending a fiver getting her hair done only to come out looking like your mother in law? Those coloured lads hanging around outside Victoria Wine? The milk-shooters being taken off Page 3?

51 minutes ago, virginton said:

The Vale pub outside Glasgow Queen Street didn't have a women's toilet in the place, until Scotrail turned it into a ticket office about five years ago. It was also one of the finer pubs in the city centre.

These facts may or may not be in a causal relationship.

My local in phd doesn't have a ladies in the bar they have to through to the lounge...no phone signal either and a bookies next door...perfect 

59 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The word ‘hate’ has been used out of context.

Im sure you knew that I meant ‘dislike’.

what about female sports/football journalists writing pieces and offering opinion on the "men's" game? You and the missus think they should only be writing about women's sports and other women's things? 😀

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Michael Owen and Steve McManaman are by a considerable distance, the worst commentators on the telly. Also, I’d much rather be looking at and listening to someone like Alex Scott than a gammon idiot like Matt le Tissier.

I can't think of one male pundit...possibly outside Gary Neville...who adds to my enjoyment of the game or educates me on the finer points of football. 

They are almost uniformly middle aged, and so utterly thick as shit most of them insult my intelligence. I appreciate that many of them have played at highest level of the game, but that does not mean that they add to one's viewing enjoyment by coming out with things like 'that were top class', and 'you was right Gary'. 

Contrast that with the intelligent and erudite co-commentators on Sky cricket, who know how to explain the game in a way that adds real enjoyment to what we're watching.

Personally I don 't think we need any dumb as f**k football pundits on TV. Men or women. 

36 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

I bet you tell people regularly you have played to a decent level 

Why would I do that, I much preferred punting at a young age and anyone that really knows me knows that. 

40 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

what about female sports/football journalists writing pieces and offering opinion on the "men's" game? You and the missus think they should only be writing about women's sports and other women's things? 😀

C5952C7C-9004-401A-A460-CC9188F950C8.jpeg

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I can't think of one male pundit...possibly outside Gary Neville...who adds to my enjoyment of the game or educates me on the finer points of football. 

They are almost uniformly middle aged, and so utterly thick as shit most of them insult my intelligence. I appreciate that many of them have played at highest level of the game, but that does not mean that they add to one's viewing enjoyment by coming out with things like 'that were top class', and 'you was right Gary'. 

Contrast that with the intelligent and erudite co-commentators on Sky cricket, who know how to explain the game in a way that adds real enjoyment to what we're watching.

Personally I don 't think we need any dumb as f**k football pundits on TV. Men or women. 

FFS....

clint eastwood coffee GIF

I saw Effie Deans on Twitter... I know... I know. (I don't follow her) posting a tactical voting list for Unionists.

I was a bit perplexed but can anyone sincerely explain from a Unionst perspective why it would be more sensible to vote for Galloways mob on the list in the South of Scotland, Midlothian South, Tweedale and Lauderdale area over double Tory?

I'm considering the list vote for Labour but I'm very aware at how low they do here so I'm thinking about it but don't really wanna waste my vote so to speak. 

I saw Effie Deans on Twitter... I know... I know. (I don't follow her) posting a tactical voting list for Unionists.
I was a bit perplexed but can anyone sincerely explain from a Unionst perspective why it would be more sensible to vote for Galloways mob on the list in the South of Scotland, Midlothian South, Tweedale and Lauderdale area over double Tory?
I'm considering the list vote for Labour but I'm very aware at how low they do here so I'm thinking about it but don't really wanna waste my vote so to speak. 

Effie Deans would struggle to find her own backside.

Anyone who thinks Galloway's mob can win seats on the list is delusional - if a Unionist were looking at a tactical vote then surely they would be looking at the other big Unionist parties.

I suspect that Galloway will lose every deposit.

5 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Effie Deans would struggle to find her own backside.

Anyone who thinks Galloway's mob can win seats on the list is delusional - if a Unionist were looking as tactical vote then surely they would be looking at the other big Unionist parties.

I suspect that Galloway will lose every deposit.

Well that's what I thought, on what evidence is there that he would do well in this region? I just don't see it, i think his mob are even more small time than Salmond's. 

17 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

As I predicted a few days ago, Stormzy is now saying that he may vote for Labour on the list. He's qualifying it by saying how badly they do in South Scotland.

At the last Holyrood election, Labour won a grand total of 14 seats. Let's have a look at South Scotland, where he claims to be resident...

Oh look! Labour currently hold one constituency and two list seats

I think that that demonstrates the value of Stormzy's political opinions.

I shall look forward to the obligatory red dot from him 

7 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

As I predicted a few days ago, Stormzy is now saying that he may vote for Labour on the list. He's qualifying it by saying how badly they do in South Scotland.

At the last Holyrood election, Labour won a grand total of 14 seats. Let's have a look at South Scotland, where he claims to be resident...

Oh look! Labour currently hold one constituency and two list seats

I think that that demonstrates the value of Stormzy's political opinions.

I shall look forward to the obligatory red dot from him 

Can someone tell their da to turn off the computer and go to bed please?