Scottish Parliamentary Elections May 2021

36 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
1 hour ago, NotThePars said:
I don't have a clue what's going on

Nor me, can someone please explain?

Basically, Ballot Box Scotland is just a random guy that posts up all the polls and announcements etc on Twitter. It's got to the point that whilst it's just a hobby for the guy, loads of politicians use it to stay in the loop because he's so good at it. MacNeil for no reason whatsoever, just basically said, 'it's a lot of shite'.

Basically, Ballot Box Scotland is just a random guy that posts up all the polls and announcements etc on Twitter. It's got to the point that whilst it's just a hobby for the guy, loads of politicians use it to stay in the loop because he's so good at it. MacNeil for no reason whatsoever, just basically said, 'it's a lot of shite'.

Angus seems like a horse’s ass!

6 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I'm shocked that he doesn't have a clue who he is. 

I know, it's in his bio. He's open that he's a Green activist but that doesn't come through in any of his work. The only angle he pushes is for more representative elections. Ballot Box Scotland is the first place to go for any information about polls, local by-elections, boundaries etc. MacNeil's attack is weird, but then again, the guy is a wrong 'un and I've never understood why the Western Isles, of all places, puts up with him.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

You're a joke of a human being tbh.

Gee, I wonder if I can find any clips of any male footballers making a roaring arse of themselves.

Glen Minter and DPB really are going the extra mile to show themselves up as utter cretins this week. 

9 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Angus MacNeil being an absolute tosser for no reason.

To be fair MacNeil will be fairly sour right now. Probably caught in two minds over whether to jump to Alba or not playing over in his mind.

17 minutes ago, virginton said:

Not convinced that Angus McNeil being rude towards Ludo's favourite poindexter on Twitter is quite the box-office revelation he was going for. 

Aye, because I was going for a 'box-office revelation' right enough.

Received our Party of Dross election doggerel this morning. Within said Brochure of Rectitude we have a 'Message from £323 Per Diem' which includes the sentence 'it's vital that......... people use their peach PARTY ballot paper for the Dross Party'
Had me slightly confused for a minute.

I know the SNP will always say 'Both Votes SNP' regardless of the scenario and I know they have a good chance in the Highlands and Islands of winning a list again this time but I see one candidate has attempted to emphasise the importance of a H&I SNP list vote by saying that if the SNP had won three H&I seats in 2016 as they did in 2011, the SNP would've won a majority at the last election...but surely that would've been nye-on impossible?  

The threshold for getting a second seat would be hard enough for the SNP this time, let alone a third surely?  I don't have the numbers at hand, but I'm pretty sure the Greens were closer to getting a second seat up here than the SNP were.

I know the SNP will always say 'Both Votes SNP' regardless of the scenario and I know they have a good chance in the Highlands and Islands of winning a list again this time but I see one candidate has attempted to emphasise the importance of a H&I SNP list vote by saying that if the SNP had won three H&I seats in 2016 as they did in 2011, the SNP would've won a majority at the last election...but surely that would've been nye-on impossible?  
The threshold for getting a second seat would be hard enough for the SNP this time, let alone a third surely?  I don't have the numbers at hand, but I'm pretty sure the Greens were closer to getting a second seat up here than the SNP were.
H&I's and South of Scotland are the only regions where SNP 1&2 have a realistic chance of gaining them list seats.
If the voting is as previous.

4 minutes ago, jakedee said:

H&I's and South of Scotland are the only regions where SNP 1&2 have a realistic chance of gaining them list seats.
If the voting is as previous.

Yes I know.  But what number would they've needed to get a second and then apparently a third H&I list seat?  Surely it was pretty close to impossible.