Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

394 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I'll let you read through previous posts.

Nah. I read. You never specifically stated what the issue with the term was. Just a general disagreement with its use and some false nonsense about it being a communist term. 

So what is your issue with the term? Please be specific

4 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Nah. I read. You never specifically stated what the issue with the term was. Just a general disagreement with its use and some false nonsense about it being a communist term. 

So what is your issue with the term? Please be specific

It's obvious what I think of the term by going through previous posts.

3 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Interesting that you upvoted your wee pal for a post consisting solely of that word if you don’t know what it means. 

Are you being disingenuous or just a wee toady arselicker? 

No, his schtick is just to announce his ignorance on a topic, then immediately unveil his strongly-held views about it (which co-incidentally are always at odds with whatever he feels will be the orthodoxy). Then presumably sit back with cold one and watch the replies mount up.

No, I don't get it either.

When I first heard the term "cis" I have to say I didn't like it. It felt quite awkward and imposed. But then I briefly googled it, read a couple of articles and came to the conculsion that a) it didn't effect me in anyway whastsoever b) it's just a nescesary bit of language to facilitate reasonable discussion

The word cis exists to fill a gap that would otherwise exist in language, and that has previously been filled with words like ‘normal’ or ‘regular’, which position trans people as ‘abnormal’ or ‘irregular’ as a result. While cis people are more common, normal can have a connotation of denigrating trans people. Having a specific word means that our language is not only specific, but value neutral, and doesn’t paint cis or trans people as better or worse as a result.

54 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

They only remain a mystery to those who either haven’t read my previous posts or are deliberately choosing to ignore them.

I clearly must have difficulties with my reading comprehension. Apologies. Can you explain it, in detail, to an idiot like me your explicit reasons for having disdain for the word?

10 hours ago, scottsdad said:

More alba pages dominated by genitals 

...and hello to our new readers from the BSDM community who've arrived through a keyword search.

15 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Apparently so.

As for where they get the terms - I dread to think.

History has shown how it ends up when we pretend everyone is equal and biological reality matters not a jot.

1 minute ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I kindly refer you to my reply to Dawson Park Boy of approximately 15 hours ago.

Doesn't make sense then. 

How does the term cisgender pretend everyone is equal?
How does the term cisgender pretend biological reality doesn't matter?

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

When I first heard the term "cis" I have to say I didn't like it. It felt quite awkward and imposed. But then I briefly googled it, read a couple of articles and came to the conculsion that a) it didn't effect me in anyway whastsoever b) it's just a nescesary bit of language to facilitate reasonable discussion

I first came across it in chemistry modules at uni. 

diclethene.GIF

The idea is that Trans meant opposite, and Cis meant on the same side. 

35 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Doesn't make sense then. 

How does the term cisgender pretend everyone is equal?
How does the term cisgender pretend biological reality doesn't matter?

I don’t think the term itself pretends everyone is equal, nor that it pretends biological reality doesn’t matter.

It’s often used by those who do though.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

I first came across it in chemistry modules at uni. 

diclethene.GIF

The idea is that Trans meant opposite, and Cis meant on the same side. 

And relevantly enough for the abla thread, ‘clcchh’ is how you say ‘boaby’ in Welsh. 

From a poster who supports a football team which celebrates British imperialism, oppression and superiority, mainly over a country that saw a million people die due to the exact opposite of communist ideology imposed on them by said British imperialism, and which their fans gleefully sing about, it's the logical conclusion that transgender rights = communism.

15 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

From a poster who supports a football team which celebrates British imperialism, oppression and superiority, mainly over a country that saw a million people die due to the exact opposite of communist ideology imposed on them by said British imperialism, and which their fans gleefully sing about, it's the logical conclusion that transgender rights = communism.

TBF, Eddie Izzard's got a Wolfie Smith hat

Man fined for stealing Eddie Izzard's pink EU beret | Eddie Izzard | The  Guardian

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

In an ideal world cis and trans would both be redundant,  personally I am happy to call someone whatever they feel best defines them, conversely I expect the same in return.  I am with John Boyne on this one.