Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

393 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The "hahaha, it was just performative and we totally didn't mean anything by it, guys" line from their general secretary makes me wonder if if they'd been looking to abstain, but Ash Regan insisted she was sticking the knife in.

Fucking bravo, pet. Hope it was worth it.

Regan is probably thick enough to think going against the SNP in a confidence vote leading to an imminent election would bring on an Alba landslide, as they sweep up pro-independence constituency votes from the SNP and don't need to rely on list votes.

Whether she's gone rogue or Salmond has lost his mind/become delusional in his arrogance is another matter.

7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Regan is probably thick enough to think going against the SNP in a confidence vote leading to an imminent election would bring on an Alba landslide, as they sweep up pro-independence constituency votes from the SNP and don't need to rely on list votes.

Whether she's gone rogue or Salmond has lost his mind/become delusional in his arrogance is another matter.

Alba will struggle to get a foothold in Scottish politics as long as glib Soapy is running the party.

Given that the SNP may fail to win Western Isles (as well as Orkney & Shetland) at the next Holyrood election, I may revert to both votes SNP (I gave my list vote to the Greens in 2021)

I can't currently see any circumstances where I would give my list vote to Alba. 

It's likely that 2nd preference votes to SNP will be sorely needed next time, demolishing Alba's main pitch for relevance. 

On 30/04/2024 at 12:10, Ned Nederlander said:

Each and every Labour vote in Scotland will be championed as a nod to the Union and absolutely nothing about them gives me confidence that they'd be competent in Government.

Yip:

What is Alba's route to Indy btw?

Tucked in amongst hunners and hunners of tweets on gender are a few making out we'd be independent in a heartbeat if we handed the keys over to the likes of Clerkin, Wings & Denise Findlay

3 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

What is Alba's route to Indy btw?

Tucked in amongst hunners and hunners of tweets on gender are a few making out we'd be independent in a heartbeat if we handed the keys over to the likes of Clerkin, Wings & Denise Findlay

Is she the one that charges people to whisper to angels?

Wee Ginger Dug spot on.

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2024/05/01/the-big-loser-of-todays-no-confidence-vote/

Just when Alba start to make you believe they are building some kind of momentum, they choose to do this.......talk about a monumental f- up. Can't see how they'll ever build anything now, they'll certainly not be getting my 2nd vote.

Regardless of any ‘momentum’ or whatever, it’s important to remember that Alba are a bunch of crackpots led by a sex pest, and under no circumstances should anyone with pretences of being a reasonable human being vote for them. 

Posted (edited)

Completely agree with BB Bino. Whatever thought processes were behind this - if any - they worked themselves into a ludicrous position. This "performative" bollocks won't wash - it's an absolutely fucking ridiculous optic to see an indy party actively vote with Better Together. I can't see how anyone at the next Holyrood election is going to vote SNP 1 and Alba 2 after this. They'll either go SNP 1 & 2 or SNP/Green. 

For a party that has remained pretty marginalised, this was an absolutely mental thing to do. Maybe they feel their principles are still somehow intact. Truth is I suppose that those aligning with Alba are those who feel that Alex Salmond got a very raw deal both from the media and Nicola Sturgeon - particularly the latter. I understand that. None of it gets anyone closer to concerted effort on indy and that's the sad part of it all for people who want that concerted effort to happen.

Edited by HTG

Anyway, if Alba really wanted to get the “Indy da” constituency onside, they should’ve claimed that they voted with three unionist parties against two other unionist parties since they’re the only ones really committed to independence or something.