Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

394 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

36 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Alba - the party where political has-beens and never-have-beens go to die.

Trouble is, stupidity like that just splits the Pro-Indy vote allowing the Labour and Tory @rsecheeks to claim they are doing better. For a couple of elections the SNP, the Greens and the 4 folk in Alba should stand together on an independece ticket and tell Westminster to gtf. 

3 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Trouble is, stupidity like that just splits the Pro-Indy vote allowing the Labour and Tory @rsecheeks to claim they are doing better. For a couple of elections the SNP, the Greens and the 4 folk in Alba should stand together on an independece ticket and tell Westminster to gtf. 

I think that’s what Alba are promoting as ‘Scotland United’.

No chance it’ll happen.

26 minutes ago, Rugster said:

And an utter moron. 

They should be used to having them in the Alba Party, shouldn't be an alien concept.

21 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

The problems start when the combined vote share of Scotland United is less than 50%

At least the one who defect med to the Tories did so in a fairly novel way. This was highly predictable.

She did get 10% of the membership vote in the leadership election, maybe they will defect too. Alba give the impression of having more members than voters.

My unpopular opinion is that mandatory by-elections when someone changes party are a bad idea.

Edited by ICTChris

Says she has left to join a party that she feels is actually all about campaigning for independence. Fair enough.

At least she has stuck to her principles. Unlike the Benedict Arnold type MP who crossed the floor and joined the fucking Tories!

17 hours ago, ICTChris said:

At least the one who defect med to the Tories did so in a fairly novel way. This was highly predictable.

She did get 10% of the membership vote in the leadership election, maybe they will defect too. Alba give the impression of having more members than voters.

My unpopular opinion is that mandatory by-elections when someone changes party are a bad idea.

I’m sure Peter Dow votes Alba.  He equates to two of their four votes.  

For all Ash Regan is a loon ball, the SNP were quite happy for her to get through the selection process.  Independence at all costs is an insane policy, demonstrated by the fruit loops in Alba.  Clearly it still holds some weight in the SNP ranks, otherwise Regan would never have been admitted. 

Alba are basically Tories for Independence. 

I’m sure very few of us had heard of Ash Regan before her not-a-hope-in-hell run for the SNP leadership.

I agree we should be using stricter criteria in the selection process.  No bigoted homophobes would be a good starting point.

On 28/10/2023 at 14:02, Salt n Vinegar said:

No serious voter, politician or independence supporter will have anything to do with Alba.  Hence Ash Regan.