Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

393 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

What is Alba's plan?

You'll know better than me, you'll be all over it with your pals like good little lapdogs.

Not be long now until you're running around like a dafty leafleting for some other eejit, I'm sure the pat on the head will be worth it. 

Edited by ayrmad

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

You'll know better than me, you'll be all over it with your pals like good little lapdogs.

Not be long now until you're running around like a dafty leafleting for some other eejit, I'm sure the pat on the head will be worth it. 

So there we have it.  Ayrmad will follow Alba blindly without knowing any of its plans or policies yet he considers SNP voters to be the cult.

Fucksake.

10 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

So there we have it.  Ayrmad will follow Alba blindly without knowing any of its plans or policies yet he considers SNP voters to be the cult.

Fucksake.

You lost the argument a wee while ago, you're Alba nonsense only fools those that wish to be fooled. 

Just remember that I don't ever struggle but I will play by your rules, fair game. 

4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

What is Alba's plan?

Albas plan is to stand beside the SNP and create a bigger indy vote overall.

The conspiracy plan isn't happening fast enough, so a second indy party is created to ultimately get more floating voters to jump.

Don't forget the Queen remains our head of state no matter how we vote, the Queen decides on a new referendum as soon as our version of the currency is downgraded and we rage that we've been conned and so we get a new referendum to rejoin the UK without the Barnett formula.

It's always been the plan It's why the Queen remains our head of state no matter how we vote.

It's also why they won't give us another referendum easily, we have to rage for a few years, convince ourselves independence was always our own idea.

10 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

But why would we have to be independent first to recover from the pandemic, but not have our referendum until after it? 

I refuse to believe that you've genuinely failed to understand the very obvious point Sturgeon was making here, as opposed to deliberately misinterpreting it to have a stick to beat her with and claim that she doesn't really want independence.

There is no contradiction between saying we won't have a referendum until the pandemic is over and saying we need independence to recover from the pandemic.

The pandemic being over - the end of all restrictions for public health reasons as vaccination becomes widespread and Covid-19 is brought under control. A process which should take months.

The recovery from the pandemic - rebuilding after the above happens, with vast swathes of society having been adversely impacted for over a year and the potential for it to get far worse as the extent of the damage to various sectors of the economy becomes clear. Governments deciding where and how they'll target public spending to provide support to their populations and avoid further recessions. A process which will take years and likely decades.

There is no contradiction whatsoever there. Anyone who sees one is actively looking for it in order to find quotes which can be shoehorned into a preconceived notion of what they think Sturgeon wants, which isn't supported by anything she's said.

39 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I refuse to believe that you've genuinely failed to understand the very obvious point Sturgeon was making here,

They absolutely don't want to understand.  It would undermine their belief system.  If you ask Stinky Bone or Ayrmad for *any* specifics it all falls apart. The Alba party is built on the same foundations as QAnon, 4chan and WoS: Lies and the wilful misunderstanding of straightforward information.

15 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

They absolutely don't want to understand.  It would undermine their belief system.  If you ask Stinky Bone or Ayrmad for *any* specifics it all falls apart. The Alba party is built on the same foundations as QAnon, 4chan and WoS: Lies and the wilful misunderstanding of straightforward information.

Keep telling yourself I'm an Alba supporter, there will be no demographic that visits Alba and Wings more regularly than the SNP, they're the only group with a vested interest in what's printed. 

Already more than enough on Wings for court action by the SNP if untrue. 

I'll wait with bated breath for any action to dispel the supposed untruths published about the SNP and their high ups. 

VT's 'busted flush'  retort is looking more apt by the day. 

Edited by ayrmad

6 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

would have to guess as their policy has not been made public yet.

They were registered with the Electoral Commission in February and have no policies beyond hating Nicola Sturgeon.

15 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

the option of calling a plebiscite election is there

No it isn't, you fucking idiot.  You can't change a parliamentary election into a constitutional referendum overnight.

20 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

Other countries have done it

What other countries?

20 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

a super majority in the SP

What effect would this "supermajority" have on the constitution of the United Kingdom?

7 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I'd be delighted if my mum was still living to laugh at anything you brainwashed imbecile, don't post after a few sherbets unless it's pictures, I've had sharper butter knives. 

7 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Did she die laughing at your penis?

That's actually such a repulsive thing to say to someone. 

15 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

That's actually such a repulsive thing to say to someone. 

Don't worry about it, it's not something that upsets me, I intentionally never put all the deaths and what goes before them up on here as I enjoy all the derogatory terms that come my way, I'm here for the banter. 

10 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

There is no Alba plan for independence, you just can't fucking stand Nicola Sturgeon because everybody laughs at your penis, even your mum.

Glad I started this thread now.

7 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
15 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:
Takes some doing to post the weirdest response in all of this.

ayrmad or Stinky?

I'd say that Baxter one definitely outdoes them. Those two are just brainwashed idiots.

4 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

Other countries have done it, what makes us any different? 

I could be mistaking you for someone else but aren't you a lawyer? I have been meaning to ask you the following question for a while. If Scotland has a separate legal system from ruk, then why do we have to go through the uk supreme court? Aren't the Scottish courts good enough?

What other countries have done it? In the last 50 years 15 territories have declared independence. Four have had some success, the rest have been completely ignored by almost everyone, even though several are de facto independent. Croatia and Slovenia were recognised because Yugoslavia no longer existed and Serbia wasn't claiming them so it was an easy one. Still pissed off Russia though. Palestine has been recognised by many countries, but many don't including the UK. There's very mixed recognition of Kosovo, as we saw when they played Spain earlier this week.

Each of these were declarations of independence. I can't think of anywhere that has said "our legislative assembly has the power to decide if we're independent or not". 

Given that the UK will continue to exist, is a very powerful country, is not a war zone and we had a referendum on independence in 2014, there is absolutely no prospect of Scottish UDI, or "assertion of competence" being recognised by anyone - other than someone doing it for the lols like North Korea. None. Not even the teeniest, tiniest prospect.

I'm not a lawyer but I can answer this one. The Scottish legal system is separate, but it's still under the sovereignty of the UK parliament, like everything else in the UK. Same goes for the education system or the NHS. Since very soon after the Treaty of Union, IIRC within a year, civil appeals were being taken from Scotland to the House of Lords, which is why that continues with the Supreme Court today. The Supreme Court is also the final constitutional court in the UK and as a result of the Scotland Act they get to decide whether legislation is reserved or devolved. It's not a matter of being "good enough", it's just a matter of law.

Edited by GordonS