Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

398 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 27/04/2021 at 10:02, scottsdad said:

To be fair, I’d vote for him. If a man came to my door, told me his name was John Tough (sounding like he should be played by Schwarzenegger in a movie) and that he killed folk with a hammer if they angered him, I’d fill in the postal vote right there and then to keep him happy.

Nicola gets plenty votes anyway, and I’ve heard loads of folk say she’s a cow. No smoke without fire. Just like those 10 women who alleged that Salmond was grabbing their arses at Stirling Castle and that posh chip shop.

On 27/04/2021 at 15:40, scottsdad said:

In the name of the wee man. Another page devoted to gender issues. Does Alba stand for anything other than being anti-Union and anti-Trans?

Have a look at the manifesto;

• Free access to sports facilities, which would benefit one million young people. 
  • A pay rise for council workers of 4%, the same as the Scottish Government gave to NHS staff. 
  • Doubling the rate of Educational Maintenance Allowance from £30 fortnightly to £60. 
  • An annual payment of £500 benefiting half a million low income households. 
  • Increasing the rate of the weekly Scottish Child Payment from £10 to £40, benefiting 400,000 kids across 250,000 households.  

Some people have spent pretty much this whole election campaign trashing ALBA.  They'd rather see a new party, which is in favour of independence and no electoral threat to the SNP, fail.  It's almost as if they'd prefer Holyrood to be full of branch office employees next month.  

7 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Think its Alex Salmond that is putting many off. The concept is great but Greens getting my list

Their commitment to Scotland's cause is tenuous at best.  The Scottish Green Party are actively standing against the SNP during this election in numerous constituency seats. 

1 minute ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:
Their commitment to Scotland's cause is tenuous at best.  The Scottish Green Party are actively standing against the SNP during this election in numerous constituency seats. 

Thats their perogative. In fairness they have been great coalition partners

It is, but it makes me question their priorities.  I reckon if Sarwar made them enough promises they would work with Labour, if the numbers allowed it obviously.  

18 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

Alba are standing against the SNP in Highland and SoS.

Although TBF if they stop McAlpine getting in it would be a braw laugh 

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Alba are standing against the SNP in Highland and SoS.

Although TBF if they stop McAlpine getting in it would be a braw laugh 

I'm not sure about the H&I, but in SoS the SNP are predicted to do well on the constituency ballot, negating any loses on the list.  As far as I know, before ALBA was announced the SNP were on course to lose the list seats in SoS due to gains in the constituency.

52 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Think its Alex Salmond that is putting many off. The concept is great but Greens getting my list

It's a bit of a paradox - in the long run, Yes would probably benefit from having a third mainstream independence party, but that party is not Alba.  

19 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

It's a bit of a paradox - in the long run, Yes would probably benefit from having a third mainstream independence party, but that party is not Alba.  

I'd like to announce the formation of the P&B party. First policy is putting 12 Ruel Street under the care of Historic Environment Scotland & classifying it as a listed national monument.

12 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

The main players behind Alba weren't too interested in Indy when the were rabidly backing the Loony Yoons on twitter in trying to get shot of Sturgeon for her former bosses indiscretions.

Yeah, that never happened.  Sturgeon was rightly held to account for her own actions.  Rather worrying that our FM is suffering from selective amnesia.

13 minutes ago, strichener said:

Yeah, that never happened.  Sturgeon was rightly held to account for her own actions.  

There was an enquiry into the Scottish Government's actions and Nicola Sturgeon referred herself to the Standards Panel.  Always fucking wrong, you can't help yourself.

12 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

I'd like to announce the formation of the P&B party. First policy is putting 12 Ruel Street under the care of Historic Environment Scotland & classifying it as a listed national monument.

I think you’ll have a fight on your hands with that one.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

Yeah, that never happened.  Sturgeon was rightly held to account for her own actions.  Rather worrying that our FM is suffering from selective amnesia.

Ach, only when no minutes are taken, forensic minds are allowed a wee day off now and again. 

Sold the jerseys springs to mind.