Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

393 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nicola Sturgeon is the most skilled politician in the uk.

Or it could be bumbling Boris, gullible Gove, snob Mogg, idiot Shapps, Waffler Wallace, Bully Patel, Tiny Sunak and Del Boy Hancock, the list is endless with corrupt tories Ministers.

But Hey, who cares as it seems million of tory voters enjoy getting ripped off and receiving no lube screwings, mugs.

21 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Or it could be bumbling Boris, gullible Gove, snob Mogg, idiot Shapps, Waffler Wallace, Bully Patel, Tiny Sunak and Del Boy Hancock, the list is endless with corrupt tories Ministers.

But Hey, who cares as it seems million of tory voters enjoy getting ripped off and receiving no lube screwings, mugs.

Most skilled at what exactly.  The whole point of the SNP is to deliver independence.  She has had nearly seven years as FM and has delivered nothing in this regard.  She rode the wave of the Yes campaign and I fear the tide is starting to go out.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Shitola Sturgeon. 

ETA - Martin O' Squeal & Paul Dumbert.

Edited by Stormzy

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Most skilled at what exactly.  The whole point of the SNP is to deliver independence.  She has had nearly seven years as FM and has delivered nothing in this regard.  She rode the wave of the Yes campaign and I fear the tide is starting to go out.

Yeah she’s a disgrace.  After the NO vote she should have declared UDI, or better still have headed up a covert ninja assassins targeting those who voted against Independence.  The fact that she’s done neither certainly calls into question her ability and commitment; she should resign now.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah she’s a disgrace.  After the NO vote she should have declared UDI, or better still have headed up a covert ninja assassins targeting those who voted against Independence.  The fact that she’s done neither certainly calls into question her ability and commitment; she should resign now.

One thing is for certain, she couldn't have managed both of these as she only does one thing at a time.  Brexit, Covid, recovery, re-election.  Rinse and repeat with whatever else makes it not the time.

I like you ninja idea but it sounds more like a green policy rather than the SNP.  Too radical for them.

What should she have done and when?

10 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:
4 hours ago, strichener said:

What should she have done and when?

I am not a party to internal polling or advice.  I therefore can't comment on what they should have done.  I can comment on the empty rhetoric that has fed to Independence supporters at every turn.  It may be playing politics when you send a letter to the PM demanding a referendum but when this is refused, to not have any follow up is incompetent.  I have heard that we have experienced the major change that was spoken about in the previous manifesto.  I have heard Nicola state that they haven't ruled out legal action.  I am hearing lots about what can facilitate independence but no action towards delivering it.  Are we closer to independence now than at any point since 2014?  It certainly doesn't feel like it personally.

I am not a party to internal polling or advice.  I therefore can't comment on what they should have done.  I can comment on the empty rhetoric that has fed to Independence supporters at every turn.  It may be playing politics when you send a letter to the PM demanding a referendum but when this is refused, to not have any follow up is incompetent.  I have heard that we have experienced the major change that was spoken about in the previous manifesto.  I have heard Nicola state that they haven't ruled out legal action.  I am hearing lots about what can facilitate independence but no action towards delivering it.  Are we closer to independence now than at any point since 2014?  It certainly doesn't feel like it personally.
That's a long way of saying "I haven't got a clue".

Just now, Baxter Parp said:
19 minutes ago, strichener said:

That's a long way of saying "I haven't got a clue".

No it's saying don't promise what you can't or aren't ready to deliver.

5 hours ago, renton said:

How big a chunk?

I could see them polling in the low 30's within the next 5 years, she'll be praying for less that 65 seats this week. 

Edited by ayrmad

38 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

I could see them polling in the low 30's within the next 5 years, she'll be praying for less that 65 seats this week. 

Based in what?

I used to think that Salmond was quite bright, but I'm being forced to reconsider.  If he'd sat on his arse for a few years he could have been Scotland's Ambassador to the Russian Federation.  Because he couldn't keep his ego under wraps he'll do well to do voice overs for carpet adverts. 

On 03/05/2021 at 01:18, GordonS said:

There's a lot to lose by talking even more about independence. Last year was the first time Yes had a lead in polls other than occasional likely outliers. That was clearly a reflection of confidence in handling of Covid - showing they could deal with the big stuff. Those people weren't persuaded by indyref, Brexit or the Tories winning four elections. You start banging on about independence with more "urgency" and they'll go back where they came from.

And those people hate Alex Salmond.

The type of people you're describing are unlikely to vote Yes under any circumstances, in my opinion.  You're basically describing the position of a dyed-in-the-wool unionist.  We do urgently need independence and to not talk about it for some unfathomable reason, is not practical and does a disservice to the people who do want independence.  

While Scotland is subjected to a Tory-designed "recovery" from COVID, along with the effects of Brexit, are we seriously supposed to pretend that there's no alternative?  How does Scotland have a recovery, when we can't implement Universal Basic Income, for example.

11 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The "Once in a generation" question is a good one. Some Tories say this is 40 years. Some folk think it means 5 years. For me, I think normally this would be 18 years (like the devolution referenda). However we have had bigger changes within the UK that could accelerate this. Brexit is the obvious one as EU membership was a pinch point in 2014. We were told that we could only stay in the EU if we voted No. Turns out that was bollocks. 

To me, I reckon 10-15 years since 2014 would be about right. We can't do anything for the next couple of years as the "covid recovery" point will have too much traction.  We need a bit of time for the covid recovery and for people to really feel the effects of Brexit. Give people a couple of summers queueing at customs to go on a holiday when in the past they walked straight through. Keep talking up an independent Scotland. It doesn't come from one political party, it has to come from people. We're not there yet.

I remember the 97 election. Tony Blair came to Scotland to canvas for votes. At a press conference I remember him getting a bit flustered and asking the journalists if they had any questions that were not about devolution. Every question from every media outlet was about the same thing. This was a defining issue. We need independence to get to that stage. 

A political generation is seven years, this is the British definition.  A new poll on Irish independence may take place seven years after the last one, according to the terms of the Good Friday Agreement.  For us as a nation to accept being held to a different standard, would be utter lunacy.  

Edited by Burning Barns

6 hours ago, strichener said:

Whilst the polls have, and still are, fluctuating, over the last 12 months we have seen support for Independence grow to over 50% on a large number of occasions and for the first time ever.

That is real progress as Independence can and will only be achieved when over 50% of those who choose to cast their vote do so in favour of leaving the U.K.  Independence cannot be foisted on the people of Scotland, they must choose to support it.