Are YOU Voting for the Alba Party?

NotThePars

Who's Voting for the Alba Party?  

393 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, G51 said:

I can only presume the people who think Jim Spence isn't right-wing are the people who only remember him from BBC Sportsound and thought he was good because Rangers fans didn't like him.

You don't have to dig very far at all into his Twitter or his articles to realise exactly what he is.

I've just recently picked up on this and subsequently stopped following. Seems like an arse when he isn't talking about football.

3 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

My own scientific research (Twitter) has concluded to the surprise of nobody, that the Alba supporters are generally a bunch of complete roasters. 

I don’t go on Twitter but I’d be surprised if they are any different from the “twa votes SNP” folk on Facebook. Or the nutters on the other side. Any sign of flags usually gives it away.

Jim Spence is also shite as a sports journo. When Cove won promotion to the SPFL he put out a tweet saying something along the lines of Cove being Scotland's newest senior club. It was pointed out to him that Cove had been senior since 1986 but Spence persisted with being factually wrong.

Edited by GNU_Linux

9 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Jim Spence is also shite as a sports journo. When Cove won promotion to the SPFL he put out a tweet saying something along the lines of Cove being Scotland's newest senior club. It was pointed out to him that Cove had been senior since 1986 but Spence persisted with being factually wrong.

Yeah he blocked about 1000 folk on twitter that day for pointing out his mistake 

Jim Spence is your typical boomer in cloud cuckoo land, who really should have his WiFi connection cut for his own good.

Given he's their Rector it's surprising that none of the student groups at Dundee Uni have picked up on some of his dodgy 1970s opinions being dribbled onto twitter 12 hours a day. Off the top of my head, his general disdain for students, and the amount of kids who have the chance to get a degree these days ("theh should be grehftin in the Timex factory eh"). Endorsing Alba party types mocking the plight of transgender people. Vociferously supporting Brexit and the end of the Erasmus scheme. He should be the Rector of "the working fowk of Greece" given he mentions them every 15 minutes to justify his obsession with Brexit. He also called Patrick Harvie a "nasty bigot" for questioning why the Catholic Church in Scotland were involved in gay conversion therapy. 

I can see him now in his St Pauli pyjamas retweeting UK cop humour to get one up on his "wokerati" friends. His deserved cancellation will bring me much happiness one day.

Spence is one of those who will post something stupid, or pretend not to understand something that he understands perfectly well, then gets all mock offended by the haters and the trolls.

He's basically any number of bad posters on here.

5 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Only the worst pub bore anoraks care about the senior/non-league senior/junior distinction tbf. 

National league clubs = 'senior' status

Non-league clubs = 'irrelevant permadiddy' status.

6 hours ago, smūgis said:

Jim Spence is your typical boomer in cloud cuckoo land, who really should have his WiFi connection cut for his own good.

Given he's their Rector it's surprising that none of the student groups at Dundee Uni have picked up on some of his dodgy 1970s opinions being dribbled onto twitter 12 hours a day. Off the top of my head, his general disdain for students, and the amount of kids who have the chance to get a degree these days ("theh should be grehftin in the Timex factory eh"). Endorsing Alba party types mocking the plight of transgender people. Vociferously supporting Brexit and the end of the Erasmus scheme. He should be the Rector of "the working fowk of Greece" given he mentions them every 15 minutes to justify his obsession with Brexit. He also called Patrick Harvie a "nasty bigot" for questioning why the Catholic Church in Scotland were involved in gay conversion therapy. 

I can see him now in his St Pauli pyjamas retweeting UK cop humour to get one up on his "wokerati" friends. His deserved cancellation will bring me much happiness one day.

He hasn't been rector for a while now. He 'stood down' a few months ago, with the rumours being that many of the student societies have indeed picked up on his shite and pressure was applied, with the understanding that he'd f**k off quietly or he he'd be made to noisily.

6 minutes ago, tirso said:

Having just read the Spence article even more bemused by the bed wetting on here. 

I'm definitely an SNP /green /alba swing voter.  I must be a green Franco.

Only ALBA will make independence the immediate priority. 

The SGP stance on independence is essentially no different from the SNP. 

If you'd rather see independence treated with urgency, with all options on how to achieve it explored, ALBA on the list is the only real option.

6 minutes ago, Burning Barns said:

Only ALBA will make independence the immediate priority. 

The SGP stance on independence is essentially no different from the SNP. 

If you'd rather see independence treated with urgency, with all options on how to achieve it explored, ALBA on the list is the only real option.

Even if urgency leads to defeat? Isn't it better to wait a little and have a better chance of success? 

Just now, scottsdad said:

Even if urgency leads to defeat? Isn't it better to wait a little and have a better chance of success? 

The only argument I've heard so far for not campaigning for independence right now, is that if we do, the unionist vote will coalesce around the Tories.  If that turned out to be the case, I don't see how that's particularly relevant to those who support independence.  The Labour and Lib Dem branches would have a problem in that scenario though, as they would be consigned even further towards political oblivion.  

If the process of achieving independence never begins, it will never end.  

21 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

The phrase 'keeping her honest' springs to mind. 

22 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

‘Glorious failure’ is the one that springs to mine.

Don't think you'll need to worry about that under Sturgeon.