Raith Rovers v Dunfermline Athletic

A win is the only result acceptable for the Pars tonight. Fail to win tonight I feel we'll just see out the end of the season and probably finish 5th picking up a handful of points. I know mathematically we're still in there but with our form I could quite easily see ICT and Queens overtaking us considering the form they seem to be in.

A win puts us right back in the picture and will boost the confidence a bit, especially since we've only won away from home once in the league this season and that was back in October. If we can pick up the three points away from home, at a promotion rival then I think there will be  a big confidence boost and we might have a bit more fight and spirit going into the Hearts game at EEP on Saturday.

Raith could probably afford to draw tonight although a win for them would be excellent and really cements their top 4 finish as they'd be 6 points ahead of Pars, ICT and Queens.

Edited by JFPar
missed word

6 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Raith fans worrying about McManus? He probably won’t start. That being said, he has 3 goals from open play this season, 2 of them have come against Raith, so I can understand their comments.

I’d go with Wighton and O’Hara together again tonight. Particularly since O’Hara is the only Pars player to score, other than Wighton, since Wighton signed.

Banks has to start and I’d look to find a place for Henderson in the team. Both looked good when they came off the bench at the weekend. Don’t care who gets dropped, probably Thomas. Would imagine Watson will be out, so Mayo will drop back into defence.

Wighton looked good against Dundee, and he'd already scored against us for Hearts. Of course he was shite when he was with us, as was McManus; one of them and possibly both will score against us, as per normal for our ex players.

Don’t know what McInroy has done to deserve a start over Wilson...unless he is injured? Mayo at centre half is major fear as well.

IMG_6285.thumb.jpg.06c77108227262dc6180f6b39dae07f1.jpg

Wighton will be good for a goal, utter pish the whole time he was with us so a certainty to score against us. Not sure what to expect in this one, we’re in better form but not by much but seem to recall that was the case at EEP and that didn’t work out well for us that night. Fon-Williams seems a good signing hopefully has an off night tonight.