Falkirk v Dumbarton, Tuesday, 30th March 2021

Think we need a thread for this one as we are only a couple of days from kick off.

Very simply, must win category for Falkirk as on paper it’s an expected three points (no disrespect to Dumbarton fans).

Interesting to see if we will make many changes from Saturday with fixtures coming thick and fast.

Comments below please.....that is all.....

Guest Peter LaFleur
27 minutes ago, optimistic said:

Craig levein tactics needed and two goalkeepers,

I see you live by your username.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

I'd imagine we'll make a number of changes for this one so no point even trying to guess the line up, hopefully reverting to 2 up front. Fairly confident we'll pick up the 3 points, though any kind of win would do - with a bonus of our strikers scoring some actual goals. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

Always wary of the “we are dire, 4-0 falkirk victory” posts on here. But dumbarton fans said it last time we played them and they really were dire. SHOULD be a comfortable win 

Edited by bairn88

43 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Always wary of the “we are dire, 4-0 falkirk victory” posts on here. But dumbarton fans said it last time we played them and they really were dire. SHOULD be a comfortable win 

We've regressed considerably since then, and no, I'm not joking.  To the extent that I won't be watching.

If Dumbarton have done their homework, they'll finish with their strongest 11. Our strategy appears to be, get ahead & see the game out. We're due to fire a blank some time, hopefully not this week but the lack of a consistent goalscorer is a problem.

Get ahead and see the game out is exactly the tactic that will see you leave with 3 points.

However, I think you’ll get bored laughing at us playing hoofball and will stick 3 or 4 past us just to alleviate the boredom.

Given Falkirk very comfortably stuck seven past us in two games when we had Kevin in goals this could easily be a repeat of the 6-0 pummelling they dished out at the start of last season.

Looking at the run of games we have coming up, I'd rather Duffy prioritised those where we were more likely to get points (lolz, us getting points...). For me, that makes Airdrie our biggest game of the week, so I'd be looking at keeping our key players (Wilson and Wedderburn really) fresh for that. I'd probably chuck wee James Wallace into that category too based on his impressive 35 minutes on Saturday. With no gametime in the past year, I can't see him being able to last a decent chunk of Tuesday and Thursday.

17 hours ago, Bantabairn said:

No nonsense 2/3 - 0 win, with upmost respect for the Sons. Couldn’t give two f....S if it’s another workman/womenlike  performance, at this stage of the season points make prizes......

100% this. We need to start putting games to bed earlier than we have been. I'd like to see Neilson start this one.

Utterly mental that Dumbarton are playing again on Thursday night though.

Just now, ilostmyself said:

100% this. We need to start putting games to bed earlier than we have been. I'd like to see Neilson start this one.

Utterly mental that Dumbarton are playing again on Thursday night though.

And then again at lunchtime on Saturday...