Kilmarnock v Montrose

On 13/04/2021 at 07:20, craigkillie said:

- the Tuesday game is the final pre-split fixture and they'd ideally want them all to kick-off at the same time. Therefore moving the Montrose game would also require them to move the rest.

Are you suggesting that if Montrose and Cove Rangers knew all that was required was a draw to make the cut for the top five split, they wouldn't try for a win? This is the only explanation I can see for your argument. Regardless of the other results, surely both teams would be going for maximum points as the tally isn't reset after the split.

There may be many things that are unfair within the professional Scottish Leagues and some that are just wrong but moving a tie between 2 of these clubs 3 1/4 hrs forward rather than 2 1/2 back is not one of them. We've far greater concerns this seasons than the cup and its a shame that Montrose aren't getting a wee bit of a payday or a day out for reaching the last 16 but for ducks sake lads give it a rest.

On 12/04/2021 at 22:30, craigkillie said:

I don't think the SFA dictated this kick-off time, given that St Johnstone v Clyde is at 5:30. The clubs most likely agreed to the earlier kick-off rather than an evening game.

You've probably seen/know by now, but our game was scheduled for 11:45, Clyde requested the game be moved to a later time, and we agreed on 5:30, so the game was moved.

Presumably Montrose never asked for a later kick off, or Kilmarnock rejected their request.

18 hours ago, PortyMo said:

Hopefully we'll get our rewards in the last 8.

I think we are really entering "*act of God" territory with this suggestion.

(*Not to be confused with "hand of God" which involves mere deception.)

On 14/04/2021 at 20:37, kilMARKnock said:

There may be many things that are unfair within the professional Scottish Leagues and some that are just wrong but moving a tie between 2 of these clubs 3 1/4 hrs forward rather than 2 1/2 back is not one of them. We've far greater concerns this seasons than the cup and its a shame that Montrose aren't getting a wee bit of a payday or a day out for reaching the last 16 but for ducks sake lads give it a rest.

I was amazed when on checking the Sky Sports scores apps last night I saw that two of the tier 3 teams with away cup ties to tier 1 teams were playing.

So I naturally assumed the cup ties would be on Sunday.

So was even more gobsmacked when I saw that one of them was at 11.45 on the Saturday!!

Okay, so I see now that Montrose are playing on Tuesday night too, but I think they’ve every right to be a tad pissed off at this.

On 13/04/2021 at 09:51, craigkillie said:

The idea that a 3pm kick-off was fine, but suddenly its a disaster when it is a whole three hours earlier is a bit odd to me - I doubt those extra hours make any difference to the players.

I take it you haven't read both the BBC article nor the Montrose managers comments regarding the 11:45am kickoff time.... 

BBC - League 1 Montrose are being forced to play their game at Kilmarnock - 135 miles away - on Saturday morning, having played Partick Thistle in Glasgow on the Thursday evening. 

Manager - With approx 39 hrs between games, it's not ideal, our bus has to leave Dundee around 8am for the cup match and the players who normally have a pre-match meal 3 hrs prior to kick off will have to eat on the bus.

My question is, Who's forcing them to kick off at this time, SFA, Killie?

i'd imagine those extra hrs make a huge difference to the players.

Edited by C4mmy31

25 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

I take it you haven't read both the BBC article nor the Montrose managers comments regarding the 11:45am kickoff time.... 

BBC - League 1 Montrose are being forced to play their game at Kilmarnock - 135 miles away - on Saturday morning, having played Partick Thistle in Glasgow on the Thursday evening. 

Manager - With approx 39 hrs between games, it's not ideal, our bus has to leave Dundee around 8am for the cup match and the players who normally have a pre-match meal 3 hrs prior to kick off will have to eat on the bus.

My question is, Who's forcing them to kick off at this time, SFA, Killie?

i'd imagine those extra hrs make a huge difference to the players.

It's already been confirmed elsewhere the SFA set the 11:45 time for all fixtures on Saturday, with a slot later on if both clubs agree to reschedule. 

Either both clubs were happy with the 11:45 kick off time, or one of the the clubs refused a request from the other to change it. 

Seems clear cut what's happened tbh.