If you could sign one player from your rivals ......

Alloa - Buchanan for Graham. Not the most technical defender but always stands out as solid against us.

Arbroath - Linn for cover.

Ayr - Todd for cover.

Dundee - Adam for any CM (not Ayo)

Dunfermline - Wilson, as above.

Morton - Jacobs, as above.

Hearts - Boyce, to challenge Shields 8)

Raith - Hendry

ICT - Ridgers

Alloa - Innes Cameron

Arbroath - Tam O’Brian

Ayr - Luke McCowan

Dundee - Jordan Marshall

Dunfermline - Euan Murray

Morton - Luca Colville

Hearts - Jamie Walker

QoTS - Connor Sheilds

Raith - Lewis Vaughan

Alloa - Ray Grant: No idea how he's actually done week in, week out, but came out of Clyde well and is alright for Alloa on paper too, plus I like players like him so I'm naturally biased. My boy Scougall isn't in the running after his previous spell.

Arbroath - Jack Hamilton: Quite clearly on the verge of a real breakthrough at top flight level. Potentially has it all.

Ayr - Luke McCowan: I love him, reckon in the right set up he could be really dangerous at the top flight. Give him a decent striker to link with and it could be carnage with him/Wotherspoon.

Dundee - Shaun Byrne: Not Dundees best player, but just the best one in terms of what we need. Wasted a bit in Dundees set up and has maybe now regressed, but if he hasn't then he'll still be comfortably top flight quality.

Dunfermline - Iain Wilson: Another who is, IMO, on the verge of a breakthrough in terms of breaching this level. Probably needs a better manager to truly get the best out him.

Morton - Lewis Strapp: Seems to be a dearth of any other options, plus I can't pick Chris Millar. Luca Colville the closest but I've not seen nearly enough of him.

Hearts - Liam Boyce: One of the best strikers in Scotland, never mind just this division. Guarantees 10+ goals over a season at any level, plus gives you so much more.

ICT - Scott Allardice: I really rate him, and reckon this time next year there'll be a raft of sides linked with him. Needs to improve on the ball a bit, but definitely Premeirship level.

QOTS - Connor Shields: Perfect for our set up, IMO, especially with experience of playing off the left, as we seem to like strikers drifting into those areas. If we replace Kane with him I'd be pretty happy, even if he is far more raw. A season of coaching from Steven MacLean should unlock yet more potential.

Raith - Regan Hendry: Has to be, really. Think every club in the top flight, bar the OF, will have watched him this season. I think Tait has more potential, but is beyond us, while I'd also like Daniel Armstrong tbh. Really good squad.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Alloa - Neil Parry (has went downhill of late from what I've seen though)
Arbroath - TOB
Ayr - Dario Zanatta
Dundee - Jordan Marshall
Hearts - Jamie Walker
ICT - Nikolay Todorov
Morton - Markus Fjortoft
QOS - Connor Shields
Raith Rovers - Lewis Vaughan

I don't know if I'd necessarily take all of these for Hearts (in fact, I know I wouldn't), but I've been most impressed by...

• Raith Rovers - Regan Hendry (definitely going to be good enough for the top flight)
  • Dundee - Jason Cummings (gives us a striking option we don't currently have, though I know he'd not be popular with everyone down Gorgie)
  • Dunfermline - Aaron Comrie (we're in need of a right back, if Smith is leaving, as rumoured, and better a good young prospect like Comrie than an overpriced old boy like Shay Logan)
  • Inverness - Scott Allan (if he counts). I'd take him at Tynecastle in an, ahem,  heart beat.
  • Arbroath - Tam O'Brien (a sign of how shit our centre half have been is that I'd willingly have swapped some of them for O'Brien)
  • QOS - Connor Shields. Another striker, and might have found his level already, but Hearts have a long tradition of signing strikers from the Championship and ruining their careers. We might take him, but if he has any sense he'd tell Neilson to bugger off.
  • Morton/Ayr/Alloa - sadly, can't think of a single non-loan individual player I was particularly impressed with against us, though all three teams were decent in spells in those games.

Edited by lennyzer0

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

ICT - Scott Allardice: I really rate him, and reckon this time next year there'll be a raft of sides linked with him. Needs to improve on the ball a bit, but definitely Premeirship level.

:lol:

13 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Ayr- roscoe- slim pickings here,  it would have been smith or sinsallo but they’ve both recently left.

You've managed to somehow pick one of our worst, only outcrapped by Zanatta. 

55 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

:lol:

Is he shite?

I've only seen 8/9 games of his this season, looked decent enough in a certain role I thought.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Spoiler

Alloa - Ray Grant: No idea how he's actually done week in, week out, but came out of Clyde well and is alright for Alloa on paper too, plus I like players like him so I'm naturally biased. My boy Scougall isn't in the running after his previous spell.

Arbroath - Jack Hamilton: Quite clearly on the verge of a real breakthrough at top flight level. Potentially has it all.

Ayr - Luke McCowan: I love him, reckon in the right set up he could be really dangerous at the top flight. Give him a decent striker to link with and it could be carnage with him/Wotherspoon.

Dundee - Shaun Byrne: Not Dundees best player, but just the best one in terms of what we need. Wasted a bit in Dundees set up and has maybe now regressed, but if he hasn't then he'll still be comfortably top flight quality.

Dunfermline - Iain Wilson: Another who is, IMO, on the verge of a breakthrough in terms of breaching this level. Probably needs a better manager to truly get the best out him.

Morton - Lewis Strapp: Seems to be a dearth of any other options, plus I can't pick Chris Millar. Luca Colville the closest but I've not seen nearly enough of him.

Hearts - Liam Boyce: One of the best strikers in Scotland, never mind just this division. Guarantees 10+ goals over a season at any level, plus gives you so much more.

QOTS - Connor Shields: Perfect for our set up, IMO, especially with experience of playing off the left, as we seem to like strikers drifting into those areas. If we replace Kane with him I'd be pretty happy, even if he is far more raw. A season of coaching from Steven MacLean should unlock yet more potential.

Raith - Regan Hendry: Has to be, really. Think every club in the top flight, bar the OF, will have watched him this season. I think Tait has more potential, but is beyond us, while I'd also like Daniel Armstrong tbh. Really good squad.

I know you were getting a bit worried mid season but you finished in the top six pal.

49 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

He's nowhere near Premiership level.

Any reason why? 

Genuinely interested by the way, want to know what I've got wrong/missed.

37 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I know you were getting a bit worried mid season but you finished in the top six pal.

You know fine well that St Johnstone are a "Championship level club" and our "rivals" in terms of size are Alloa and Arbroath.

Edited by RandomGuy.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

very funny  mate ,  seriously

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any reason why? 

Genuinely interested by the way, want to know what I've got wrong/missed.

He isn't mobile enough, IMO. Which is fine if you're exceptionally gifted on the ball but he's a deep midfielder whose only attribute is his size. I can't see him making the step up. He's like a less mobile Trafford or Callachan. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

He's been far better for us than Trafford ever was.  I have no idea who Callachan is so can't pass comment.

A key part, along with Odoffin, towards how Hamilton are not already relegated yet. Proper box-to-box MF, scored 9 goals this season. Imo clearly better than the other two in conversation.

8 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

He isn't mobile enough, IMO. Which is fine if you're exceptionally gifted on the ball but he's a deep midfielder whose only attribute is his size. I can't see him making the step up. He's like a less mobile Trafford or Callachan. 

Not that its especially relevant, and it'll inevitably lead to lots of piss taking over the next year, but plugged Allardice into my model and it perhaps shows his lack of mobility, as "ball carrier" is effectively just "box to box"...

(Hendry there as a comparison, intrigued how he came out tbh)

download.thumb.png.a988d48429d41c988d55bc4078f8a786.png

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Not that its especially relevant, and it'll inevitably lead to lots of piss taking over the next year, but plugged Allardice into my model 

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

Edited by vikingTON

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

1123341775_tenor(7).gif.607ba71985ac562889e2b2db62643277.gif

TBF it has Cameron Blues scoring 9/100 as a CM at this level...

So far, work in progress, nobody cares etc. etc.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Treating this like building the team for Hopball 2021/22

GK - Morton - Aidan McAdams

LB - Dundee - Jordan Marshall

RB - Alloa - Scott Taggart

CB - Dunfermline - Vytas Gaspuitis

CB - Arbroath - Ricky Little

CB - Aaron Muirhead

CM - Raith - Ross Mathews 

CM - Hearts - Harry Cochrane

CM - QOTS - Ayo Obileye

FW -  Luke McCowan