If you could sign one player from your rivals ......

6 hours ago, dysartrovers said:

I'm intrigued. What model is this?

Just something I've created to try and figure out a players style/how well they've played it compared to the league. Just use it for mucking about mostly, but could be interesting when we sign a player I've never heard of. It's, so far, only a season by season thing rather than a career thing. No idea how accurate/shit it is so far so just pump them out waiting for the criticism.

Fairly tragic tbh, but here we are.

Just something I've created to try and figure out a players style/how well they've played it compared to the league. Just use it for mucking about mostly, but could be interesting when we sign a player I've never heard of. It's, so far, only a season by season thing rather than a career thing. No idea how accurate/shit it is so far so just pump them out waiting for the criticism.

Mate I think you need out of lockdown and into a pub ASAP [emoji12]

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

Mate I think you need out of lockdown and into a pub ASAP emoji12.png

I'm called BoredomGuy for a reason, tbh.

What details do you put into it?

7 minutes ago, dysartrovers said:

What details do you put into it?

From memory it's around 18 different metrics, and then use relevant ones for each role. Using anymore of the ones I've got available turned it into a mess  but there's ones I don't have access too that would help, so always a risk it misses something.

16 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF it has Cameron Blues scoring 9/100 as a CM at this level...

So far, work in progress, nobody cares etc. etc.

When you say scoring 9/100, is the scale here that players have 100 points available and someone who got 100/100 would be ridiculously brilliant and 0/100 would be hopeless?

If so, 9/100 for Blues is vastly overrating his ability and your model is flawed.

43 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

When you say scoring 9/100, is the scale here that players have 100 points available and someone who got 100/100 would be ridiculously brilliant and 0/100 would be hopeless?

If so, 9/100 for Blues is vastly overrating his ability and your model is flawed.

I score each CM against each other over 6 roles out of 100, combine the scores, then rank them using that total score, again out of 100. 

No guarantee you end up with someone at 0 or 100. 

Left chart is "how" he plays, right is "how well" he plays the role compared to the league.

1006717969_download(5).thumb.png.c317daf4437f5992b49aee16d6a93bdf.png

Blues is only "above average" in terms of scoring goals, which is likely down to a lack of minutes as everything is per90 figures and hes played less than most. Just below average ball winner due to decent Interception numbers.

Abysmal at literally everything else.

Just checked and Andy Irving is apparently the best performing CM in the division this season, according to this.

Edited by RandomGuy.

I do enjoy the stats, and the graphics that come with them, follow a good few twitter accounts that put some yo for the English Championship and its always interesting seing if the stats align to what your watching. 

If your numbers are throwing up yon Inverness midfielder RandomGuy, they're throwing up the wrong player. 

33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If your numbers are throwing up yon Inverness midfielder RandomGuy, they're throwing up the wrong player. 

They just flagged him up as the most similar in style to Liam Craig (sit in centre of the park in front of the defence etc.), I'll double check when I'm at my laptop but I think he's just slightly above average as a CM at this level (sure he scored around 70).

It's a flawed system as it misses certain things/context tbh, its just really something I'm mucking about with to see how it comes out.

Scrap that...

Spoiler

Put this in spoilers since nobody probably cares. Allardice scored in the 80s...

879766058_download(6).thumb.png.cfaaaf9483cac0d9d71927484243d0c2.png

Numbers clearly like him as someone who just sits in front the of the backline and passes it on.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

I score each CM against each other over 6 roles out of 100, combine the scores, then rank them using that total score, again out of 100. 

No guarantee you end up with someone at 0 or 100. 

Left chart is "how" he plays, right is "how well" he plays the role compared to the league.

1006717969_download(5).thumb.png.c317daf4437f5992b49aee16d6a93bdf.png

Blues is only "above average" in terms of scoring goals, which is likely down to a lack of minutes as everything is per90 figures and hes played less than most. Just below average ball winner due to decent Interception numbers.

Abysmal at literally everything else.

Just checked and Andy Irving is apparently the best performing CM in the division this season, according to this.

Do you have the charts for Hendry and Tait at Raith? I'm pretty sure I seen some statistical analysis of our midfield and Tait actually has the best starts in our team. 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Do you have the charts for Hendry and Tait at Raith? I'm pretty sure I seen some statistical analysis of our midfield and Tait actually has the best starts in our team. 

1256969709_download(7).thumb.png.2e5c3fa4b30b52cadc16e2293332b183.png

Hendry comes out as the 2nd best CM in the league. Tait might look poor, but considering his age its not too bad. Looks like a decent option to replace Hendry next season?

41 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

1256969709_download(7).thumb.png.2e5c3fa4b30b52cadc16e2293332b183.png

Hendry comes out as the 2nd best CM in the league. Tait might look poor, but considering his age its not too bad. Looks like a decent option to replace Hendry next season?

Wouldn't surprise me. Between the four of him, Hendry, Matthews and Spencer they all have good attributes going forwards while also making sure they offer cover for the back four. Tait is tied down until 2024 and you'd have to imagine we'd be looking for a six figure sum for him to leave. 

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF it has Cameron Blues scoring 9/100 as a CM at this level...

So far, work in progress, nobody cares etc. etc.

9 too high, thanks for playing anyway and get a life instead. 

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

9 too high, thanks for playing anyway and get a life instead. 

I mean, that insult only really works if I'm not aware I'm a tragic sad act, tbh.