Arbroath v Morton

3 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

To stay up we're going to have to win two penalty shootouts amid seven hours of goalless football.

I dont think thats going to happen Ayrshire....and thats not just wishful thinking.Okay..we only secured a draw tonight....butI bought the stream and Morton bossed that game (for the most part)....but again we dont gave cutting edge. Dont know about you but I watched the Killie v St Mirren game last weekend ...can we have Greg Kiltie back.......em probably not. But we need guysof his calibre if we are to progress.

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw him play for Man U at Somerset 😂. What the fck happened to him 

He got a contract at Manchester United because he was tall for his age and could win a header. He remained quite commanding in the air for his age to the point that he could get by on winning headers to the point that he was winning some underage trophy or another alongside Paul Pogba and Jesse Lingard.

Then he actually started playing first team football and everyone realised that he is irredeemably terrible at football because anyone with positional sense would get several nautical miles away from him at every set piece, and he lived off this CV because gullible morons would sign him as he's tall and played for Man Utd once; the Archibalds and Hopkins of the world fall for this CV.

None of those idiots however started playing him at fucking left back ahead of Lewis Strapp, who is a very rare quantity among Hopkin's Morton squads in actually being a good footballer. I've never hated a Morton player as much as McGinty, and I've watched Barrie McKay in a Morton shirt.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Gus coming across very well in this interview 

I mean admitting the other team have been much better than you doesn't count for much if you're at least 50% of the reason your own team are fucking useless

Edited by Dunning1874

No complaints from me about the position we find ourselves in, we’ve been somewhere between mince and right rank rotten the entire season.

I place the blame equally between Hopkin for the unbalanced squad that hebuilt - particularly the “quality” or lack of it at the attacking end -  and the utter complacency of Crawford Rae in  a) allegedly looking to trim the squad to save money mid-season (wonder if the truth will ever come out re that discussion with Hopkin?)  and b)  then leaving control of the team in the hands of the bloody fitness coach till it was all but too late. Whether we stay up or not, Rae has left his family’s reputation in tatters where Morton are concerned. Wonder if he thinks his father would be happy.......  👎

PS - it pains me to say it, but some of the blame probably lies at the feet of Jim McAlister. Club captain, as close to a Morton legend as we tend to get, and though past his best still at least as good as those round about him, not least in terms of his competitive edge. And yet he quits the club in mid-season to become  assistant kitman at Ibrox,  leaving Sean McGinty to get the armband and become a constant fixture in the team.......   Jim, when you add the conditioner to the TheRangers washing machine on Sunday, ask yourself it it was all worthwhile.......

Ach well, now I’ve had my say and got it out of my system at least I can enjoy the rest of the weekend. It’s only fitba, guys, it’s really not that important.  👍

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

Anyway, it shouldn't be overlooked that Arbroath are fully deserving of their Championship status and made a very good recovery from a piss-poor start to the season.

The only two sides who deserved to be fighting it out at the end were those managed by that ginger moron and we get exactly what we deserve for doubling down with a chump who gave McGinty a place every single week without fail.

The only surprise from this turgid campaign is that we didn't finish bottom as I expected when it began. 

14 minutes ago, virginton said:

The fitness coach had a better record than the two ultra-negative, dummy 'proper managers' in charge either side of him. 

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

The fitness coach had a better record than the two ultra-negative, dummy 'proper managers' in charge either side of him. 

Who Antone?...being a bit harsh dont you think?...By his own admission he aint a club football manager (thats why Hoppy's got him....no-one to threaten Hoppy's post)

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

aye but you support..........patrick Fissul?.....oh my lord.

59 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

overweight and over indulging (yer average fissul fan).

54 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

you have a nasty growth protruding  from your oral orrifice....best advice apparently is.....shut the f**k up.

47 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

Buddy....choose a better aircraft next time mibbeez...eh?

44 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

yep...lucky you indeed.

6 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

would you care to elaborate about who you had in mind  Fissul?

Frustrated Boom GIF by Guava Juice

I wasn't fully tuned in because only what we did mattered but I watched portions of the game via my laptop.  

Our game was weird, we needed to win but didn't want to, in this game a win would have saved either but nerves mixed with passion turned it into both an awful and beautiful football match.  I enjoyed everything I saw it was all nearly stuff with desperate defending whether in the box or in midfield.  

Good luck to Morton in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

A Morton Falkirk play off final now.

It's what p&b deserves.

No because that means one of them will be a Championship team next season.

Montrose to beat Falkirk to the final play-off spot, then to beat Mor10.

19 minutes ago, TONTROOPER said:

absolutely....and enjoy your converation with Wee Doogie Ross...You know?...the tory boy that told east-coast (never mind west coast!) fishermen...aye!!...vote for me...the tory brexiteer....except......oooh urr (hang on....somethings gone wrong...get back to you Peterhead...ok mibeez not next week.....2027 good for you guys?...my diary is helluva busy...so you know how it is guys..right?.....so keep yer boats harboured and I'll get back to you....ok?'..................emm...think it might take more than a phone-call or appearance Douglas.However.....'the ba's at yer feet'...oops no its not is it..my mistake.

Go and have a lie down mate, you’ve lost the plot