Organised crime thread

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

"It is unclear what team the football fans supported."

They couldn't have had blue or green on, therfore the BBC struggled with what other teams are out there.

Garrowhill Thistle's YT on an adrenaline rush and getting nawty after thrashing Tarbert 7-0 in the Scottish that day?

(Only joking obvs, but sometimes its just a local bevvied up young team on the radge, not entirely uncommon. Although I've no reason not to take the word of other posters with the info above.)

• 1 month later...
On 11/05/2021 at 08:25, BigDoddyKane said:

on a related topic as to the pointlessness of gangwar, I watched that Detectives documentary following Manchester Police recently. The episode where one gang has assassinated a guy over supposed dealing in their area. The head of the gang who was found guilty. The point where hes being interviewed and saying no comment no comment and they then mention his dna was found on the gun. You can see it all come crashing down in just a look. He realised it was over nothing and for nothing.

36 years he got. For feck all, for not being able to handle some competition.

On 11/05/2021 at 09:01, Shandon Par said:

That’s a cracking series but seems to have been stopped after 2 episodes, maybe to do with legal appeals etc of some of its “stars”.

On 11/05/2021 at 09:06, ICTChris said:

It was due to come back this month but has been delayed.  As you say, probably due to some of the people involved appealing or being charged with other crimes.

The detectives is finally back with a 3 parter starting this Monday (30th)

wonder if it's the case that delayed the series originally. 

• 2 weeks later...

Guns don’t kill people, fireworks do. Some unfortunate had their house shot up twice the other day. Police genuinely describe it as a “targeted” attack. 

https://www.scotland.police.uk/what-s-happening/news/2023/november/appeal-for-information-following-gunshots-fired-greendykes-road-edinburgh/

eta - near the fireworks warzone

Edited by Shandon Par

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Guns don’t kill people, fireworks do. Some unfortunate had their house shot up twice the other day. Police genuinely describe it as a “targeted” attack. 

https://www.scotland.police.uk/what-s-happening/news/2023/november/appeal-for-information-following-gunshots-fired-greendykes-road-edinburgh/

eta - near the fireworks warzone

It's almost as if some hitman organised the fireworks neddery to distract the polis from their activities...

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

It's almost as if some hitman organised the fireworks neddery to distract the polis from their activities...

Balaclava-clad scamps on motorbikes or e bikes are quite the feature in Edinburgh. Today I saw one wheelie all the way up Morningside Road. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/hogmanay-shooting-euromillions-winner-devastated-after-gangland-ex-boyfriend-gunned-down-outside-edinburgh-pub-4462355

Jane Park makes a comment about it. I’m trying to remember the last shooting in Edinburgh, usually it’s machetes. I think Bradley Welsh was the last person to be shot dead in this sort of incident.

18 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't want to judge someone I don't know but if I won the Euromillions I'd hope I could attract a better class of boyfriend than "gangland hood".

She was getting handed around the Dundee and Dundee United youth squads a year or so ago.