Organised crime thread

Sounds like the guy was suicidal tbh.

He's lived a very different life from me but I reckon years of knowing people wanted to kill me would eventually make me wish they actually did. Also seems to suggest he had a grenade or something on him and talked about taking another to the grave with him as if he was resigned to dying and not actually coming out on top.

On the other hand a drive-by is very Gangster and it's good to see Edinburgh putting itself back on the map. Glasgow's had the edge historically but I think this could be a big year for them.

I'd imagine his brother will either be walking around in a suit of armour or be fucking off to a very secluded part of the world.  In all seriousness,  the fallout from all this will be rather messy I think.

1 hour ago, philpy said:

I'd imagine his brother will either be walking around in a suit of armour or be fucking off to a very secluded part of the world.  In all seriousness,  the fallout from all this will be rather messy I think.

…or he’ll be out trying to kill whoever shot his brother. 

In the subject if the Webley brothers, here’s a story from six years ago. They’d never had a photo together due to being in prison for almost all of each other’s lives.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/3439916/gangs-scotland-family-photo-brothers/

6 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Also why do criminals always f**k off to Spain?

The most conspicuous alibi possible :lol: 

Historically they would go somewhere that did not have an extradition treaty with the UK  such as Franco's Spain.

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

On festive fatalities,

Working on the counter at DHSS offices at this time of year was tough. (worse than a Russian asbestos mine) The waiting room was full of people with death certificates claiming death grants, funeral expenses and widows pension.

It was only my complete indifference that got me through.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Why do the tabloids refer to these gangsters as "Hoods"  Not a term you ever see or hear in real life....not even on tv.

Been reading up about the video messages sent to his big rival....why on earth do they have each others phone numbers?  They only kill their own.....bless 'em

37 minutes ago, superbigal said:

FFS  That means at least a few thousand P&B "users" loved him.

image.png.ea8cd14e42b62df148417d8e79a525d5.png

probably more suitable for PTTGOYN but folk that leave the cellophane on flowers do my head in

32 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Why do the tabloids refer to these gangsters as "Hoods"  Not a term you ever see or hear in real life....not even on tv.

Been reading up about the video messages sent to his big rival....why on earth do they have each others phone numbers?  They only kill their own.....bless 'em

Short for hoodlum.

14 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Wonder what type of gun was used. Did they Webley Webley? Would have been a poignant, yet still bloody and brutal end. Missed opportunity if not imo.

Screenshot_20240103_133012_Chrome.jpg.479da7e60e589a28eccd0313798a099f.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-67315028.amp

Probably a similar one to the one used in this recent shooting.