Organised crime thread

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A salubrious spot the (w) Anchor Bar... When Edinburgh City played at Ainslie Park few would venture there although I do remember a couple of Albion Rovers fans going there: "That bar looks ok.." :lol:

Every time I've driven past that pub I've always thought it looked like a jailhouse from a western or some South American shithole.

14 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A salubrious spot the (w) Anchor Bar... When Edinburgh City played at Ainslie Park few would venture there although I do remember a couple of Albion Rovers fans going there: "That bar looks ok.." :lol:

The beer garden looks ok.

image.thumb.png.f6f0bf46c7d95ff8bf483f86a0cdee52.png

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Some more stuff about Webley.  More videos he'd made taunting his rivals - not sure if these were made on Hogmanay.

He mentions YMR in that video - that's the name of the gang he had been associated with as a youth - Young Mental Royston,  Royston being a housing etate in Granton.  When Webley was imprisoned for a shooting nearly 20 years ago, he was named as a leader of the YMR.  He shot a local criminal Peter Simpson, who survived.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/open-warfare-as-gangs-clash-in-city-2469858

Webley was also the victim of a machete attack in 2021 by two men.  Webley was attacked while carrying one of his children on his shoulders.  Two of the attackers were jailed following conviction.  Webley didn't make a statement against them.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/men-jailed-after-horror-edinburgh-26069731

The person they shot caught up with the accomplice on a bus a few weeks later. He expressed his displeasure at being shot by biting off chunks of his assailant’s face and accidentally stabbing him a few times. 

These goons will never learn.

Just fannies shouting their mouths of on the Internet, always has the same outcome in these circles.

The real money makers are the ones you never hear about.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

These goons will never learn.

Just fannies shouting their mouths of on the Internet, always has the same outcome in these circles.

The real money makers are the ones you never hear about.

I'm no organised crime expert but it seems the ones least likely to get themselves killed, going by the limited few books I've read etc, are the ones who are pretty much seeking to build a legit empire to fall back on asap, and not making an absolute show of themselves. As you say, working hard to make it so the average punter has no idea who they are or that they are criminals. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I'm no organised crime expert but it seems the ones least likely to get themselves killed, going by the limited few books I've read etc, are the ones who are pretty much seeking to build a legit empire to fall back on asap, and not making an absolute show of themselves. As you say, working hard to make it so the average punter has no idea who they are or that they are criminals. 

Who is p @ bs Mr Big ?

My money's on throbber 

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Who is p @ bs Mr Big ?

My money's on throbber 

@Shandon Parseems to know far too much about this sort of thing for an innocent bystander. 

But with that said, if he really was a hardened criminal, he'd have probably stopped my frequent visits to his home, so it's hard to say really. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Absolutely. They are the only ones to make decent coin, as they can manipulate the goons because they tend to be quite thick. They usually do run legitimate businesses and never gloat about what they make. Usually have a modest looking life to the outsider.

22 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I don't want to judge someone I don't know but if I won the Euromillions I'd hope I could attract a better class of boyfriend than "gangland hood".

Met her a couple of times, she's an absolute roaster and the very description of money can't buy class.

Might be a few newspaper editors choking on their morning coffee when they get back from the bank hols and discover their papers have videos naming names and events that “cannot be named for legal reasons”. 

There's something really pathetic about the whole thing - he's nearly 40, from what the other reports say has children of his own, and he's making videos about how hard the Young Mental Royston are and how he can batter people.

23 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Probably. She was with one of the Dundee youths, got caught cheating with a boy at United then in turn got caught cheating on him with one of the Dundee youths.

Nandos has a lot to answer for, IMO.

You’d be as well opening a window and shagging the night. 

2 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Absolutely. They are the only ones to make decent coin, as they can manipulate the goons because they tend to be quite thick. They usually do run legitimate businesses and never gloat about what they make. Usually have a modest looking life to the outsider.

You rarely hear from the very big players, the ones who shout their mouths off and drive about in the flash motors doing all the hardman stuff on social media etc are nothing but useful idiots for the main players. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Police looking for a red Hyundai Tucson in relation to the murder/attempted murder. Probably an angry Karen offended at some Facebook sleight over a toddler party.

Makes a change from an Audi!

5 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Makes a change from an Audi!

The original murder in this thread featured a Kuga. Not exactly Compton-spec gangsta rides.

ETA.. tends to be that being in an Audi is bad for your health if you’re a naughty hoodlum.

Edited by Shandon Par

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Police looking for a red Hyundai Tucson in relation to the murder/attempted murder. Probably an angry Karen offended at some Facebook sleight over a toddler party.

This is from the Record, it's clearly 2 red bins, not a car.