Celtic vs St Johnstone, Wed 12 May, 2021

12 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

No word on if any of our Covid quartet are back?

Sure Davidson done an interview a day or two ago where it was said none would be in the squad, but I can't find it again.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Kennedy trying to unsettle McCann before the game at the weekend ??

E8F309CE-0953-4673-A22E-7BE9148D5FC5.png

You mean tonight? Nah I assume he was just asked about him. Bit pointless resorting to that sort of tactic for what is a dead rubber for us and Kennedy having no chance of getting the job.

Personally I would quite like to see him at Celtic. Wouldn’t cost the earth and less of a risk than going for someone in another league.

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

You mean tonight? Nah I assume he was just asked about him. Bit pointless resorting to that sort of tactic for what is a dead rubber for us and Kennedy having no chance of getting the job.

Personally I would quite like to see him at Celtic. Wouldn’t cost the earth and less of a risk than going for someone in another league.

I see this bit in bold and laugh, as Rangers fans think the exact same thing. Saints are going to be looking for 2-3million if not more based on 2 immaculate seasons in the top flight, he's now got 4/5 international caps and isn't even 22 yet. The benchmark figure is Turnbull for 3million based on 1 great top flight season and nothing else. 

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

I see this bit in bold and laugh, as Rangers fans think the exact same thing. Saints are going to be looking for 2-3million if not more based on 2 immaculate seasons in the top flight, he's now got 4/5 international caps and isn't even 22 yet. The benchmark figure is Turnbull for 3million based on 1 great top flight season and nothing else. 

£2m is a very reasonable fee for Rangers and Celtic. I think St Johnstone's record sale is £1.75m?

I really like the kid, but I'm not sure I see St Johnstone getting £3m for him. £2m feels about right.

Edited by G51

1 hour ago, nelsjfc said:

I've got the UK saints TV subscription. Anyone know if it still works with a VPN?

Think you need an international subscription.

Worked last season with uk but Dundee United 1st game I had to upgrade to international.

1 minute ago, Widge said:

Turnbull scored an obscene amount of goals in his first season which would have been impressive for a striker. I appreciate he's a totally different player but that type of player generally commands more money. I would say you will beat your transfer record for him but not by too much more unless a bidding war happens.

21 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Turnbull scored an obscene amount of goals in his first season which would have been impressive for a striker. I appreciate he's a totally different player but that type of player generally commands more money. I would say you will beat your transfer record for him but not by too much more unless a bidding war happens.

15 league goals which, as you rightly say is excellent for a midfielder.

Is McCann actually looking to leave Saints or will he want to continue his education under what is clearly a very good coaching team at Saints ?

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Think you need an international subscription.
Worked last season with uk but Dundee United 1st game I had to upgrade to international.
Cheers. Will try then fall back on Facebook/hesgoal if not. 60 notes extra bit much for one game.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

15 league goals which, as you rightly say is excellent for a midfielder.

Is McCann actually looking to leave Saints or will he want to continue his education under what is clearly a very good coaching team at Saints ?

Given Eddie Howe appears to be imminent and our track record of developing players for the EPL I think we would be a pull for any player in Scotland. About 80% of our team won’t be here next season either so places are  up for grabs.