Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock FC & Kilmarnock FC vs Dundee FC

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I don't want to go all stats mad. But look at Killie' goals totals home vs away.

30 goals at home and only 13 away.

I was going to say that outside of Rangers handing out pumpings at Ibrox it is the biggest disparity between home and away goals. BUT I noticed St Johnstone only score nine home goals all season!!

To most teams going to Killie every week playing on a plastic pitch is something they’re not used to so it’s more of an advantage to Killie. We play on a plastic pitch every other week in the Championship - almost just as much as Killie do!

Edited by RossDee01

5 minutes ago, The Master said:

Yea, I definitely felt more positive about that than I probably would have been had I watched it on TV.

I think it's because at the game you get more invested in things so you have an actual experience from which to draw your final conclusions. If that makes any sense.

Yeah can understand that. Often the best fan responses are when a team is under the cosh while 1-0 up, fans getting right behind the team to try and help, and every clearance is cheered etc., while sitting emotionless at home you're just watching your team get battered.

I miss getting to games.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe just stuck in a sort of middle ground between being a player and a manager in terms of how he acts?

Steven MacLean said last Summer the advice he got after moving into coaching was to reign it back a bit, as being on the touchline requires a different kind of passion. If you're too involved and hectic then it spills into the players and cause panic. 

Be interesting (to a boring c**t) to have a "manager cam" on McPake at vital points in matches and see what hes doing/how the game goes after he reacts a certain way.

To be fair, I'm a stickler for a manager that fully buys into a club even if he's not fully competent. He's like an angrier, more articulate version of Barry Smith minus the legendary status.

Equally as shite at management, however.

Must admit, when McPake says he loves Dundee in a pre-match interview, my eyes are batting away.

4 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

To most teams going to Killie every week playing on a plastic pitch is something they’re not used to so it’s more of an advantage to Killie. We play on a plastic pitch every other week in the Championship - almost just as much as Killie do!

Lots of experience of plastic parks might help.

But Dundee should still be confident because it isn't like playing at home turns killie into an unstoppable machine, they have the same shite defence and conceded the same amount of goals home and away. And they bottled it at home regularly, can't hold a lead.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Lots of experience of plastic parks might help.

But Dundee should still be confident because it isn't like playing at home turns killie into an unstoppable machine, they have the same shite defence and conceded the same amount of goals home and away. And they bottled it at home regularly, can't hold a lead.

I think we will go through but we have to come out the traps trying to win the game.

18 minutes ago, killiefan27 said:

That's the worst I've seen us this season, and we've been shite all season.

Gary Locke levels of bad. Dundee should have this tie to bed already, goal gives us a chance back at RP but if we perform like that they'll win again.

That is of little or no interest to us, it's all about how we as Dundee Football Club perform on Monday evening after a short weekend period of reflection.

We clearly have superior players in general across the board and hence Kilmarnock should already be down, that's the reality, certainly on tonight's performance I'm afraid.

Nowt will change on Monday night for you guys I fear. 

Jamie Adam's farm, here you come!

Enjoy your pies meantime.

Regards 

i was particularly pleased with the amount of credit we go from the sky commentators and pundits🤣...aye killie were shite but maybe just maybe we played well and made them launch aimless balls up the pitch for 90 mins....fucking clowns how about you get a boy with dundee connections in for the 2nd leg so he can have it out with boyd...he looked about greeting at full time.

You know your team is fucked when there are more Ayr United fans posting on a thread dedicated to Killie's biggest games of the season than there are pie-munchers.

Get them relegated, Dees.  An empty jersey of a club if ever there was one.

34 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

A quarter of the pitches in the Premiership last season were plastic, it's hardly an uncommon thing in our league either.

I think we will score a couple of goals on Monday night, it's the keeping them out at the other end that's the problem. That game should have been out of sight tonight though, the fact that it isn't is a massive bonus for us.

5 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

It's half-time, and therefore no time for being triumphant.

There is when half time is pretty much 3 and a bit days tbh.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Thank f**k that creepy Dunfermline fan was punted from here:

Top patter from Jimmy IMO.

Police  Scotland must have Jimmy on mute by now.

6 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

It's half-time, and therefore no time for being triumphant.

Normally I would wholeheartedly agree my man, however this tie is all about how we as Dundee FC perform on Monday due to the fact Kilmarnock FC are on their collective footballing arse, which was plain for all to see this evening and indeed throughout this season.

I've witnessed it with my own club previously, you already know what's in the post if your honest with yourself.

Best regards