New Premiership Strips 2021-22

You could argue it’s hard to go wrong with black and white stripes but St Mirren have managed it over the years. This years effort is very good though.

The away top is a shocker though. As others have said, it looks like a cheap goalie top for a school team.

Sickens me that Joma dominate Scottish football top flight kits just now. Macron, which are significantly better, don’t particularly blow me away either. The day Hearts or Aberdeen cave in to Joma will be the day Scottish football died.

10 hours ago, scottmcleanscontacts said:

DAFC, circa 1986.

Nice though. They've managed to not f**k up black and white stripes.

I never actually realised just how similar it was to that DAFC strip until I just seen a picture of them side by side on twitter. From the red manufacturer logo to the identical trim around the collar and sleeves, it's practically the same top. As you said though, very nice so can't blame them.

Edited by AJF

32 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Sickens me that Joma dominate Scottish football top flight kits just now. Macron, which are significantly better, don’t particularly blow me away either. The day Hearts or Aberdeen cave in to Joma will be the day Scottish football died.

Joma have never made a quality product in their history.  I can only assume that they give a really sweet deal to the clubs who wear them. The difference in quality is laughable, even although they are synthetic rubbish at the best of times.

21 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The state people get into over football tops.emoji1.png

I think it’s just a bit of fun.  Nobody is genuinely devastated by their team putting out a horrible top.  It’s a football kit, after all.  Very, very few of them are actually nice enough to wear as a fashion item. Even the nicer ones in this thread are pretty hideous.  However, the word bespoke is the new white knight, which was the new quisling, in the P&B lexicon.

1 hour ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Here is the official Joma round-up (so far):

Good strips

• None

Wrong. You've seen the St Mirren home kit, if you can't accept that is lovely then clearly you are person who does not appreciate the good things in life.

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I think it’s just a bit of fun.  Nobody is genuinely devastated by their team putting out a horrible top.  It’s a football kit, after all. 

Well hold on now, despite us having some fairly decent efforts over the last few seasons, we've seen some utter horror shows previously (no need to repost the JD Sports ones), however I think you are roughly right, in that people don't really mind unless it's truly awful.

In fact I'd say a bad sponsor would bring more angst to fans. Imagine being sponsored by something utterly shit, like "The Conservative and Unionist Party" (one for the farmers there) or in a similar vein, being sponsored by Tunnocks who are tories in a tartan foil covering.

Nobody is genuinely devastated by their team putting out a horrible top.

I think there was actually one year when I could say I was devastated. It was when Saints released a Joma kit that was the same template being used by a local amateur side. That was possibly peak Joma hatred for me. Otherwise, up until last season, I would describe St. Johnstone kit releases as an annual disappointment. Macron have significantly improved things but I won’t be truly happy until we go with a more classic brand. Umbro, Kappa or Le Coq Sportif would take me to Valhalla.

Of the Jomo ones the St Mirren home is by far the best design wise, however for me they look incredibly cheap, maybe  different in the flesh though. I actually think the design of kits does matter to many supporters, they want to see their players looking smart when representing the club, people still remember horrible kits 20 years later. It’s a first world kind of thing though. The Aberdeen home top is an absolute cracker and shows how it can be done.

Edited by Yorky

58 minutes ago, AJF said:

I never actually realised just how similar it was to that DAFC strip until I just seen a picture of them side by side on twitter. From the red manufacturer logo to the identical trim around the collar and sleeves, it's practically the same top. As you said though, very nice so can't blame them.

I just can't believe a team in vertical black and white stripes has a similar strip to another team in vertical black and white stripes.

I just can't get me nut raaand it.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

I just can't believe a team in vertical black and white stripes has a similar strip to another team in vertical black and white stripes.

I just can't get me nut raaand it.

Aye, I think there's always going to be unavoidable similarities, but that is pretty much an exact replica haha.

The trim around the collar and sleeves of the DAFC top I wouldn't say seem to be a very common design nowadays. Whether accidental or not, it's the same top.

1 minute ago, invergowrie arab said:

Quite simply the two worst kits in our history.

The come back of the paint splash into a shapeless wrong coloured mess is particularly galling 

IMG-20210702-WA0004.jpg

Baby Drinking GIF by reactionseditor

8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The come back of the paint splash into a shapeless wrong coloured mess is particularly galling 

IMG-20210702-WA0004.jpg

Oooft ya fucker, even ignoring my usual dislike of all things tangerine those are eye bleedingly horrific 😂😂😂

9 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

IMG-20210702-WA0004.jpg

Nothing will top the 'Jobby Sleeves' imo, but still, a good top to get relegated in.

22 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

IMG-20210702-WA0004.jpg

Getting Mulgrew in to try make the kit look a bit better too and it's still not great. Away Kit is okay.  Although surely if you're going for a fairly wild away kit the home should be plain and simple?

24 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

IMG-20210702-WA0004.jpg

Macron do plain and simple very well.  See Motherwell.   They don’t do modern at all well.  See that and pretty much anything they did for County.    Oh boy.  This is the year of dreadful shirts.