New Premiership Strips 2021-22

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t think so - it’s because it is the 150th anniversary strip (no laughing at the back please!). I’d much prefer if it was white though.

I like the thick white trim and it has a pinstripe in it too but it’s hard to make out in that picture. I’m also happy the 5 stars are gone. It looks more traditional.

I’ll reserve my judgement on it until the higher quality pictures come out tomorrow when it’s release but very much a 6/10 effort IMO. Would’ve been better if there was no gold.

rangers-21-22-kit-home+%25283%2529.jpg

pinstripe is more a lighter shade of blue 

That Rangers strip harks back to the 'sixties for me, and it's ok as a standard football jersey. 

It's funny they have to emphasise the old club didn't die at every turn too, with the '150 years' packaging and the gold lettering to commemorate this feat. No wonder the originals went tits up, their accountants think 150 = 9 and 55 = 1.

17 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

You're not wrong.

80s.jpg.1d4de6a63f01b4310795f5cca29f338e.jpg

For me, the lad should really be in 'sixties keyboard based psychedelic band............................

Zombies Orange Logo.jpg

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

29 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The sponsorship is different in both kits.

If it’s anything like last season then adult strips have 32Red as the sponsors and the junior kits have Utilita. There must be some kind of rule that prevents gambling companies featuring on kids tops. 

Edited by AJF

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

If it’s anything like last season then adult strips have 32Red as the sponsors and the junior kits have Utilita. There must be some kind of rule that prevents gambling companies featuring on kids tops. 

One might be cynical and say the clubs are predicting a ban on gambling sponsorship, which I’m amazed hasn’t happened before now.  

ETA: The sponsors completely ruin that kit.

ETA2:  who is the player on the right, and why does he look like that?

Edited by Savage Henry

23 minutes ago, AJF said:

There is hence why the Celtic junior tops have no sponsor.

I have to say i do prefer the shirts with no sponsor though, they look so much cleaner

15 hours ago, hk blues said:

For me, the point when you are out of a football environment.  OK to games, 5s, etc but iffy in other situations.  Also, excellent if you wear on holiday as, and this has been said many times before, it help others know who to give a wide berth to.  I took both a Liverpool and a Chelsea shirt on my 1st holiday abroad without my parents, I was 17 at the time - Nice.  Never since.  

Does on your way to the bookies before the match count?

fkw1.jpg

13 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

There is hence why the Celtic junior tops have no sponsor.

I have to say i do prefer the shirts with no sponsor though, they look so much cleaner

You used to ge able to get adult strips with no sponsors on them when they had alcohol sponsorship on religious grounds. I'm sure the same might be the case with gambling. 

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Rangers need to constantly wedge the "we're the same club!" angle into literally everything is some laugh.

It’s our 150th anniversary strip 😂 every single club nowadays do similar for a major milestone.

30 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s our 150th anniversary strip 😂 every single club nowadays do similar for a major milestone.

It's just a continuation of this embarrassing, petty, shite Rangers/Celtic get up to tbh.

You've got Rangers wedging 55 into official club documents FFS, while Celtics official accounts are sticking "one continuous club since 1888" into everything.

Clubs have gone down the rabbit hole to appeal to the lunatic fringe of their support, yesterday's bizarre press conference with Celtic is the outcome.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

It's just a continuation of this embarrassing, petty, shite Rangers/Celtic get up to tbh.

You've got Rangers wedging 55 into official club documents FFS, while Celtics official accounts are sticking "one continuous club since 1888" into everything.

Clubs have gone down the rabbit hole to appeal to the lunatic fringe of their support, yesterday's bizarre press conference with Celtic is the outcome.

But, am I right in saying most clubs normally do something similar for a major milestone, yeah?

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

But, am I right in saying most clubs normally do something similar for a major milestone, yeah?

I can only speak for St Johnstone, but we never had a special badge to celebrate 150 years, no.