New Premiership Strips 2021-22

12 minutes ago, Ric said:

Ok, let's do this..

When is it acceptable for adults to wear a strip (training or otherwise)? Obvs, when doing some sport, whether it's football or not, that's a given. Going to the game or going to the pub to watch the game? Again, not an issue. However, we all know the extremes. Some 'portly yer-dah type' done up in full replica kit (including socks) meandering round Govan Asda.

At what point does it tip over from, "yeah that's fine" to "you look a twat"?

Ok for cup finals. I probably wouldn't bother any other time. Though I do wear my 2012/3 home top round the house.

9 hours ago, conboyhibs said:

Some effort from Joma. A bit Dunfermline-y but a lovely kit.

797772D8-70DE-42DB-A5EB-E6F8E4F42BB4.png

Hearts have tried similar in the past

one dissatisfied wearer complained that it shows up blood stains too easily 

image.jpeg

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

52 minutes ago, Ric said:

Ok, let's do this..

When is it acceptable for adults to wear a strip (training or otherwise)? Obvs, when doing some sport, whether it's football or not, that's a given. Going to the game or going to the pub to watch the game? Again, not an issue. However, we all know the extremes. Some 'portly yer-dah type' done up in full replica kit (including socks) meandering round Govan Asda.

At what point does it tip over from, "yeah that's fine" to "you look a twat"?

IMO it's not really on for anyone over 15 to be wearing replica or indeed any branded kit with a couple of potential exceptions;

- Scarf on way to/at/from stadium but even this I'm not sure about TBH. Don't myself. see also - wooly hat. These things are fine for the under 20s and over 70s. 

- cutting the grass if it's not public

- 5's (I disagree that it's fine for any sport. Jogging round the public park in a replica shirt in your 50s seems a bit tragic). 

Happy to buy kit to support the club, but ideally it can be gifted as a raffle prize and/or signed and put in a frame in e.g. home office. Or just kept for nostalgia.

Appreciate these views may not be universal.

If you just don't really buy tops except for special occasions fair enough I suppose, but imagine spending a decent amount of money on a shirt you're too embarrassed to wear apparently. Absolute weirdos who subscribe to this mindset, hope it dies out with the generation.

Wearing a football shirt at a game is absolutely fine, why else would you buy one?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

14 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

IMO it's not really on for anyone over 15 to be wearing replica or indeed any branded kit with a couple of potential exceptions;

- Scarf on way to/at/from stadium but even this I'm not sure about TBH.

Woah now.  Scarf for going to the pub then the game then the pub is absolutely fine for all ages.  It's over-wearing of the replica strips and training geat that's an issue for adults IMHO.  

I wear a club top or training top for fives and if the league cup stages are played in the sun I may attend a game in one.

Last week I saw a boy (adult) in Card Factory with a Rangers top on.

I hadn’t bought Rangers merchandise for around 7 or 8 years before last season due to the ongoing disputes so I went a bit crazy and I bought 3 tops (home, away, limited edition home) and I got a 1/4 training zipper that I use for running in if it’s chillier. I’ve only worn the tops in the house while watching games which seems a bit of a waste considering the money they charged for them.

Prior to the 7/8 year boycott, I’d normally get the home top to wear to matches and then it would get added to my 5s rotation when the next one got released.

I expect I’ll probably do the same this year again and if we are able to attend games, they’ll get worn mainly on match days or when I’m exercising.

Also, I’m not normally a fan of football tops in pubs but last Friday my group of mates and I all donned a different retro Scotland top for the England match and I will admit it felt class 😂

Edited by AJF

51 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

- Scarf on way to/at/from stadium but even this I'm not sure about TBH. Don't myself. see also - wooly hat. These things are fine for the under 20s and over 70s. 

- cutting the grass if it's not public

- 5's (I disagree that it's fine for any sport. Jogging round the public park in a replica shirt in your 50s seems a bit tragic). 

Happy to buy kit to support the club, but ideally it can be gifted as a raffle prize and/or signed and put in a frame in e.g. home office. Or just kept for nostalgia.

Appreciate these views may not be universal.

This is potentially the stupidest post I’ve ever seen on P&B and that sir is quite the feat. Absolutely pulsating with small dick energy.

1 hour ago, resk said:

Woah now.  Scarf for going to the pub then the game then the pub is absolutely fine for all ages.  It's over-wearing of the replica strips and training geat that's an issue for adults IMHO.  

Reasonable. Had forgotten about going to the pub before games. Seems like a lifetime ago.

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

I once seen someone in Mallorca who wore a full West Brom kit every day and night for the week we were there.

The worst part of this story is that you holiday in Mallorca, tbqpfhwy. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Ok for cup finals. I probably wouldn't bother any other time. Though I do wear my 2012/3 home top round the house.

Yep always wear retro shirts for semi’s and finals if we get there. 

Need to get the 2015/16 home shirt framed with my ticket and programme from the 21st of May. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

I theorise that the acceptability of football shirts in public life is in inverse proportion to the scale of the club

Basically you look about as much of a tosser wearing the 2005 East Stirlingshire 3rd kit to the pub as wearing a Man United kit to five a sides

the rest of us are somewhere in between