New Premiership Strips 2021-22

2 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Why is the badge and Joma logo so central? Slightly spoils an otherwise really nice kit. Am I right in saying this is pretty similar to previous County kits with the pinstripes? 

We've only really tried pinstripes in 1996-98 effort you can see here (hopefully).

Don't think the Carbrini 15-16 top counts.

I like it.

Edited by morrison

15 hours ago, Theyellowbox said:

Why is the badge and Joma logo so central? Slightly spoils an otherwise really nice kit. Am I right in saying this is pretty similar to previous County kits with the pinstripes? 

Pinstripes seem to make badge and kitmaker logo placements an arseache, as you tend to want to fill the gaps rather than cover the stripes, but it looks shite every time as the logos are either too close or too separated. The fact that the badge and logo are level at the top rather than the centre also looks rubbish, makes the badge look off-kilter and positioned in the wrong place.

Don't even think the idea is that bad, but little things like that ruin an ok kit.

9 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Is the county kit a weird shape or are the players a  weird shape?

On a fat lad like me it might look ok or the badges might be in my cleavage 

I think it’s more Coll Donaldson has a 28 inch waist and the shoulders of a giant.  And Joma being Joma and deciding the logos have to be in the middle of the stripes.  

Enioyably poor engagement with Ross Countys "praise our strip" tweet. 

Ours don't get much more traction, but they also don't beg for likes retweets in the same way. 

Don't mean this in any petty club v club rivalry, just it really exposes how far our league is away from EPL with that type of thing and failed attempts to recreate it stand out as massively embarrassing. 

Would obviously rather support a Scottish team than be associated with EPL filth though, so my point isn't either that EPL should be the inspiration. Just that asking people to vote for their favourite of two shite shirts and then nobody doing it is funny. 

Edited by FrankChickens1

The shape of the RSE logo makes it really apparent that the distance between it and the Joma/club badges is different.

Not much could be done about it (I reckon most strips are like this: as I said, it's the shape of the logo that highlights it), but it does look a bit jarring and I know designers who would have a heart attack at that.

I actually quite like that home strip, FWIW. The stripes are pretty classy.

image.png.390ba1a17ad92d6d0e7efb5f3e0ed46b.png

Edited by Coventry Saint