vs Netherlands

Well done Scotland. Good game from you with quite a few players out. You deserved a win. We were very lucky to draw in the end.

As for us, I think people will understand why I'm not exactly confident in our chances for the upcoming Euros !
It was a bloody good game for a friendly. Would agree totally with your assessment, Depay the real quality in your team.

Got to be content as a Scotland fan with that performance. Really good stuff for so long. Second goal was just chef's kiss.

Onwards to Sunday which will be a tough test again

Wot
Just don't rate that England team in any way shape or form, Kane is the only player they class as good who is actually good. Full of jobbers like Maguire and Sterling

16 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

I'll tell you what boils my piss to this day with that game - McLeish selected a back 5 to accommodate both Tierney and Robertson.

A back five composed of five defenders who played in a back four for their clubs at the time (O'Donnell, Souttar, Mulgrew, Tierney. Robertson).

Predictably, chaos ensued.

That selection is up there with Levein's Prague fiasco.

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

6 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

It was a bloody good game for a friendly. Would agree totally with your assessment, Depay the real quality in your team.

Got to be content as a Scotland fan with that performance. Really good stuff for so long. Second goal was just chef's kiss.

Onwards to Sunday which will be a tough test again

Will it f**k. Scotland could put out six teams that would beat Luxembourg. The day that's "a tough test" is the day its all over. We need to get past that loser attitude of there's no easy games blah blah blah.

There are easy games. Some teams are shite. They have been chosen specifically because they are shite. We should be looking to batter them.

The England team are full of good players (let’s call them the Mason Mounties) who are chronically overhyped which will do their bank balances a wonder but not perhaps their careers. Having said that on my limited viewing of the Dutch I would expect England to beat them 9 times out of 10. 

2 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

Will it f**k. Scotland could put out six teams that would beat Luxembourg. The day that's "a tough test" is the day its all over. We need to get past that loser attitude of there's no easy games blah blah blah.

There are easy games. Some teams are shite. They have been chosen specifically because they are shite. We should be looking to batter them.

Sunday's a chance to try a couple of different Plan Bs and see how someone like Gilmour does from the start. Plus getting match fit, ect.

As long as we pick up a win, even if its a shitty 1-0, and learn what does and doesn't work when we deviate from our chosen system, then that'll be fine with me.

The absolute state of folk taking issue with describing the Dutch as a "decent" side. Nobody's saying they're one of the best sides in the world but they're ranked 16th in the world and across their last 17 competitive games in Euros qualifying, Nations League and World Cup qualifying, they've only lost three times (to Germany, Italy, and Turkey), which includes a win in Germany and wins home and away vs Poland. They are very clearly a "decent" team, at minimum.

Just now, Gordon EF said:

The absolute state of folk taking issue with describing the Dutch as a "decent" side. Nobody's saying they're one of the best sides in the world but they're ranked 16th in the world and across their last 17 competitive games in Euros qualifying, Nations League and World Cup qualifying, they've only lost three times (to Germany, Italy, and Turkey), which includes a win in Germany and wins home and away vs Poland. They are very clearly a "decent" team, at minimum.

We have our differences, chap, but you're on the money here.

A decent performance by Scotland and anyone who says otherwise is at it.

10 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Kenan Thompson Reaction GIF

Let me clarify.

The game in Haifa was in October 2018 when Keiran Tierney was playing left back in a back four for Brendan Rodgers' Celtic and Andy Robertson was playing left back in a back four for Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool.

Hope that helps.

14 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Nobody’s saying they aren’t decent, just some are overstating it as if they’re the same side of ten years ago. The presenter on the telly described it as being “minutes away from a historic result”.

20 minutes ago, HalfCutNinja said:

To be fair, Norway with probably the world's most in demand striker only beat them with an injury time goal today from said striker,  and they beat Ireland 6 weeks ago.  So they aren't exactly San Marino etc.  That said, we should and I think will beat them - they'll have been chosen because they are beatable rather than shite.  

Clarke will be absolutely delighted tonight you'd think- he will definitely have planned a slightly stronger lineup tonight before the call offs.  Could we have an excuse to use the dream Gilmour - McTominay - McGinn midfield 3 v Luxembourg almost by accident ?

Edited by Hursty

11 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Could we have an excuse to use the dream Gilmour - McTominay - McGinn midfield 3 v Luxembourg almost by accident ?

I really hope so.

Would expect McGregor to be completely rested along with Robertson and Tierney.

I'll tell you what boils my piss to this day with that game - McLeish selected a back 5 to accommodate both Tierney and Robertson.
A back five composed of five defenders who played in a back four for their clubs at the time (O'Donnell, Souttar, Mulgrew, Tierney. Robertson).

Clarke has more or less exclusively selected a back five composed of four defenders who play in a back four for their clubs, and a midfielder who had barely played centre-back in his life.

I’m impressed given the shambles we were not so long ago that we most importantly looked like a good football team who knew what they were doing, scored a couple of great goals, at which point you could tell the Dutch team were absolutely seething with rage to the point that Memphis was diving like f**k to save the draw.

I can remember build ups to tournaments in the 90s where we’d scrape a draw here or there and we were shite.

f**k it, we look good with half a dozen players missing - bring it on.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Clarke has more or less exclusively selected a back five composed of four defenders who play in a back four for their clubs, and a midfielder who had barely played centre-back in his life.

Not sure what your point is Craig.

Clarke is a coach rather than a manager - as a Killlie fan you have appreciated that first hand. That skill is probably more relevant to the international game in terms of bringing together different components from different clubs.

Unfortunately McLeish in 2018-19 showed neither coaching or management abilities. Which was brutal to witness.

In hindsight, Strachan should never have been sacked without a superior alternative having already been identified.

People love to slaughter Forrest at times.

He was absolutely fine tonight, no issues defensively - a couple of bad touches here and there but linked up well high up in the RWB role and offered something a bit different.