League Cup 21/22 Group D

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Livi charged £20 for their streams last season btw.

It was £15 for the cup streams I believe.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Given that tickets were only ten or eleven quid, I don't see that there's any sense at all in not offering a stream. Just make it the same price. People paid more than that for streams on multiple occasions last season, and it means if someone chooses not to attend and stay at home to stream it instead, you're not losing any revenue. 

If you make it the same price, you give a genuine incentive for fans not to attend. If streaming is going to be allowed this season to cover cases such as shielding, self-isolation, etc. the streaming price should be higher than in person attendance.

3 minutes ago, foreverarover said:
5 hours ago, EdinburghLivi said:
Not an easy one for clubs that will not sell out. Should probably offer something for those self-isolating but if you can watch from home there's less chance you will actually attend the game. Can see why clubs wouldn't offer a stream.
This disadvantages me as I'm London based. Was able to watch all games via stream last season but don't expect to have the same opportunities this season. 

Sell out, what's the capacity 1500-2000 max

4 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

If you make it the same price, you give a genuine incentive for fans not to attend. If streaming is going to be allowed this season to cover cases such as shielding, self-isolation, etc. the streaming price should be higher than in person attendance.

Following that argument, why don’t Livi charge £5 for entry, £10 for the streaming, everyone’s happy? 

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Whilst the capacity is limited, is there any benefit to incentivising actual attendance? Whether you've got 1000 or 1200 or 1400 folk socially distanced and rattling around Almondvale you're not making much difference to the atmosphere. 

It's not like this game is going to sell out, either. The Scottish Cup game last time out with no restrictions only managed 1700 folk. 

Once you've got no restrictions and thing are back to normal, of course you'd much rather have people in the ground than not, but right now, failing to offer a stream at all is just another example of a Scottish football club treating its customers (both home and away) with disdain. 

35 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Club makes the same amount either way though, and seeing as it would mainly be away fans put off (additional cost of travel, parking, something to eat depending on distance etc) you would think they'd be more than happy with that. 

While we are still in the situation where some COVID restrictions are still in place, significant numbers are having to self-isolate and the advice is still to exercise caution on unnecessary travelling around the country then it seems crazy not to have a stream available. It’s not as if folk are asking for it for free, we are happy to pay the going rate so it’s just depriving the club (or clubs in this instance) of money. 

Club makes the same amount either way though, and seeing as it would mainly be away fans put off (additional cost of travel, parking, something to eat depending on distance etc) you would think they'd be more than happy with that. 
The only reason I can think home fans might prefer a stream is if they want to save on travel time/costs or if they fancy watching the game with a bevvy. I really can't think of why folk would prefer watching from home instead of in a live environment.

Promising first ten minutes or so here. We're pressing Livi all over the place and they can't cope. Stryjek and Parkes already at each other's throats, mostly due to the former's distribution. 

From middle to front we're pretty fluid but I think you'd call it a narrow 4-4-2 diamond? BRS at the base, Connolly at the tip. Zanatta and Vaughan as the strikers. 

Edited by Raith Against The Machine

2 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Well not necessarily. It's not that simple. It's not necessarily one for one as you could have several people watching one stream instead of all paying a physical entry, particularly in a same family context. Equally you could have people buy a stream who are at the opposite end of the country and wouldn't have attended anyway.

I suspect the issue here is that most of the Premiership clubs are in bed with the same streaming company who charge a high percentage and with other costs, if they don't see several hundred minimum it's loss making. Lower league clubs who generally found their own in house solutions in the first place as they couldn't afford that degree of carefree nature with a major part of their cashflow can do it far cheaper and therefore can easily offer a stream even if sales are in double figures.

30 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Fitzwater has just made a brilliant save low to his left. Collum looking right at it. Waves play on. Ludicrous. 

Was never a penalty, hands by his side and it hits it on the way through. It’s a natural position, by his side 

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

We are fucking rubbish btw. 

Absolutely, Shinnie looks far too good to play with this mob. McMillan the weakest for me, Pittman pish too. 

At least we moved Lewis into CM and Penrice onto LW. Better option.

I’d hook Pittman for Obileye, possibly Penrice for Montaño on the wing. 

Huge lack of pace at the back is getting shown up, missing Devlin massively

33 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Fitzwater has just made a brilliant save low to his left. Collum looking right at it. Waves play on. Ludicrous. 

Surprised Collum never gave it. Whistle straight to his mouth any time a Raith player hits the deck. 

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Absolutely, Shinnie looks far too good to play with this mob. McMillan the weakest for me, Pittman pish too. 

Few times already Shinnie has played a good ball for McMillan to run onto and he hasn't made the run. Beyond frustrating. 

Stryjek improved his penalty saving since the Scottish cup exit against Aberdeen, 2 pens saved. Prob wont be enough though, 5 points, we'd need a win against Cowden and hope Alloa beat Raith. Not confident 8 pts would get us through as one of  the 2nd best teams.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

So Martindale's"exciting" new system is hoofing the ball up to 5'8" Bruce Anderson and hoping it sticks? We have quality ball players like Sibbald, Williamson, Montano, Shinnie and we're bypassing them. He needs to get a grip and quick