Kelty Hearts Thread

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

Great for 60 minutes today then fell away. We kept the ball well & you can absolutely see what Tids wants the team to do on the deck. We'll need to be better defensively though.

Wasn't there today but was always going to be a difficult first game but as you say neeb heard we did well first hour or  so and it's all about getting the team ready for the season staring 👍👍

Not the result yous were hoping for obviously - but fair play at the way you smothered us during the first half. It was our subs which really changed the game. But I have to say that Kelty instantly became my second-favourite-ever away day, bettered only by Arbroath. A lovely wee ground, full of solid banter and proper supporters of the game. Really enjoyed it. What a massive shame that we still won't meet again for awhile when you trouser League One and go up.

Because we'll hopefully be trousering the Championship and we'll be going up as well ....

Don't bookmark this just in case the miracles don't happen. But fair play again and thanks for making us feel so welcome. All the best from Greenock.

11 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

Not the result yous were hoping for obviously - but fair play at the way you smothered us during the first half. It was our subs which really changed the game. But I have to say that Kelty instantly became my second-favourite-ever away day, bettered only by Arbroath. A lovely wee ground, full of solid banter and proper supporters of the game. Really enjoyed it. What a massive shame that we still won't meet again for awhile when you trouser League One and go up.

Because we'll hopefully be trousering the Championship and we'll be going up as well ....

Don't bookmark this just in case the miracles don't happen. But fair play again and thanks for making us feel so welcome. All the best from Greenock.

Glad you enjoyed yer visit! 

Not sure we'll trouser the league but quietly confident for mid table atm.

53 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

is Walker going to be alright ? Not really got any cover at LB 

No idea looked a sore one but hard to tell extent. Likely a position we'll cover with a loan.

Edited by leomessi1984

On 15/07/2023 at 18:55, leomessi1984 said:

Great for 60 minutes today then fell away. We kept the ball well & you can absolutely see what Tids wants the team to do on the deck. We'll need to be better defensively though.

Thought we did well in bits, especially first half but lost a bit of our threat when Walker had to go off. Nothing against Corbett but first two Morton goals were balls inside the temp left back. Once the boy has got to the byline all it takes is one good pass/pull back - which they managed both times unfortunately.

Still good to watch them try to play decent tempo passing football after last years shambles. 

And Tiwi is certainly the sort of player to get you out of your seat. His strength for the goal was very impressive.

Really encouraged by what I seen on Saturday. We all know the changes at the end of last season we're seismic, and whilst many of us saw the benefits of moving to a new model I will admit to some degree of trepidation. Losing experience from three key positions off the park, as well as being left with barely enough players for a five a side game would be a challenge for anyone tasked with steadying the ship. To have a team looking as impressive as they did against a side that finished 6 points behind the Champions least season is nothing short of incredible. 

The result didn't go out way, but we played some excellent football on the deck and we really had Morton on the ropes at points. Things tailed off towards the end, and there were some defensive mistakes will give Tidser plenty to work on, but I seen enough to allay any fears I had moving into the new season. 

It's early days, but there's some real quality in that side and a balance that was largely absent last year. I also like the way the club have went about their business, there's been a calm, level headed approach and all the communications I've seen have struck exactly the right tone. Like every other club in the land there's always a risk of a disappointing outcome to the season ahead, but whatever happens I can't fault the steps taken up to this point to give us the best possible chance. 

7 minutes ago, Beachcomber said:

Needs another to equal Fash 😉

Good to see Fash getting his finger out his erse neeb and trying for a change 😂, wasn't expecting too much from Daramola making such a big step up but he's absolutely rocking it at this level so far 

Still can't believe that game last night absolutely worth every penny ,first 20 thought oh dear but what a come back , looking really good up top , think we miss Walker as a natural left back so really got to be looking at that area for a loan deal would be braw if we got Milne , Ngwenya and Barron (wishful thinking)back in that would see us have a no too shabby season I reckon