G'Day! Ange's Gap Year Celtic Euro Backpacking Tour 2021/22.

7 hours ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

👏👏 Beautifully put, OKI. The very sad part is, there is not one Scottish fitba' scribbler who has the balls, nor the creativity, to say this in print.

Bill Leckie used to have a right good go at the arsecheeks when he wrote for the Sun a few years back. No idea where he is now.

36 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Bill Leckie used to have a right good go at the arsecheeks when he wrote for the Sun a few years back. No idea where he is now.

Dunno if he liked a drinkie or two too much but his journalism began to deteriorate and read as if he did.

4 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

If you are a Celtic fan who goes to games and enjoys the atmosphere/celebrates the atmosphere on here then you are celebrating terrorism.

Unless of course you just happen to go to the toilets during every Oh Ah Up the Ra chant.

Having been to the ICT - Cellick cup final a few years and lifetimes ago, it was clear that the East Stand was packed with the Green Brigade adolescents and other terrorist-worshippers singing their bitter anthems, while the West and North (I imagine Jinky was there) seemed to be full of generally human types singing the likes of 'For It's a Grand Old Team...'

We were in ICT Hospitality in the South. Packed with Sellick ringers, of course...

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

You know what? Fair enough. I have a recollection of at least one Celtic fan on here defending songs that by any objective measure count as glorifying terrorism, but I could be mistaken. I did a search for references to the Broad Black Brimmer of the IRA, which I've seen defended. I didn't find anyone doing that and I found your post below. So fair enough.

Screenshot 2024-10-02 at 15.28.09.png

I don’t doubt that in the past there has been the odd ill educated idiot who will glorify it, our stands contain them so it’s inevitable that a few may show up here from time to time but it’s not something I’ve personally seen in the past few years.

The regular Celtic fans on here are pretty consistent in shouting it down and I’d like to think I have been too so someone using it as a reason to justify quips about the most sordid of subjects is incomprehensible to me. 

13 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I don’t doubt that in the past there has been the odd ill educated idiot who will glorify it, our stands contain them so it’s inevitable that a few may show up here from time to time but it’s not something I’ve personally seen in the past few years.

The regular Celtic fans on here are pretty consistent in shouting it down and I’d like to think I have been too so someone using it as a reason to justify quips about the most sordid of subjects is incomprehensible to me. 

50000 odd and I'll educated . Like I said earlier he's got a hearing issue.

15 minutes ago, well again said:
30 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

50000 odd and I'll educated . Like I said earlier he's got a hearing issue.

There aren’t 50,000 Celtic fans on this forum and I can’t hear them type when they post

I’m hazarding a guess you didn’t really read my post before jumping in 2 footed believing you understood the context.