Lowland League 2021-22 General Chat

FairWeatherFan

26 minutes ago, Gimme said:
6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Anyone know what the LL has done with the £50k yet?

As I understand it the money hadn't been paid a couple of weeks ago, not sure if that's changed.

You appear to be in the know.  Is this 100% true?

54 minutes ago, Gimme said:
6 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Anyone know what the LL has done with the £50k yet?

As I understand it the money hadn't been paid a couple of weeks ago, not sure if that's changed.

The LL received the money sometime ago, it was reported to the clubs.

This is what I have been told by a club official.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

8 minutes ago, Pyramid Watcher said:

I was told the same thing at Peffermill when the League Treasurer was within earshot.

But that probably doesn't fit the fake news agenda of the poster who just claimed otherwise.

I was told it hadn't been paid but that the league hadn't invoiced them for it, that was a few weeks ago.

I hope they don't return next season as they've added very little with frequent requests to move or postpone fixtures due to clashing priorities (Cup games, friendlies, Under 18's) but have squads of 40+ full time players, it all impacts the other sides in the league who's part time players are burdened with additional work / care issues to try and appease them.

I was told the same thing at Peffermill when the League Treasurer was within earshot.
But that probably doesn't fit the fake news agenda of the poster who just claimed otherwise.

I couldn't care less whether they paid it or not only repeating what I was told.

I've no agenda, just no interest in having either side in the Lowland League.

10 minutes ago, Gimme said:

I was told it hadn't been paid but that the league hadn't invoiced them for it, that was a few weeks ago.

I hope they don't return next season as they've added very little with frequent requests to move or postpone fixtures due to clashing priorities (Cup games, friendlies, Under 18's) but have squads of 40+ full time players, it all impacts the other sides in the league who's part time players are burdened with additional work / care issues to try and appease them.

You could well be correct, was just passing on what I was told.

Edited by Pyramid Watcher

8 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Then the question still stands, what has the LL done with the £50k?

Nothing, yet,  or according to the the conversation I heard in January.  One guy said they had used some to pay club insurances, but this wasn't confirmed.

It was also suggested that they may use a small amount of the monies to improve the social media / website and general Comms, but don't know if this has transpired, although the social media looks better and website now appears to be getting updated quicker and with real time scores 

1 minute ago, Ray Patterson said:

Yeah that a lie.

They are just trolling. Hibs have said they are not applying and are building an u23/Development squad for friendlies etc.

Besides that, it'd be a 20 team Lowland and 21 team Highland. So even if these clubs asked it wouldn't pass.

2 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Maybe the Lowland League should stick to 18 teams and just promote the three Tier 6 winners instead of allowing the waste of space Colt sides in for another season

That would be by far the best solution. There is no reason the LL team can't have 18 clubs, especially as all clubs have to have floodlights now. B-teams clearly add absolutely nothing, so let's dump them in favour of tier 6 champions.