Scots on the move

I really liked what I saw of him at the end of the 21/22 season before he got his Scotland call-up. Not sure what happened last season, but hopefully he can get back on track at Millwall as I think he has the potential to be a squad player once Jack and McLean start to get phased out. 

• 4 months later...

A strange situation for Josh Doig who seemed set to move to Marseille, but they've now been gazumped by Sassuolo. 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/josh-doig-marseille-transfer-sassuolo-31887310

Edited by accies1874

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Josh Doig has transferred to Sassuolo. Good luck to him. It's roughly one hours drive from Verona and the same to Bologna.

image.png.83391e65b436561aa9f4b4e835cbec97.png

https://x.com/SassuoloUS/status/1748656024439914767?s=20

I have no real knowledge of Italian football, looking at the table there's not much between the sides. Is this considered a better move for him or somewhat of a sideways step?

46 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Is this considered a better move for him or somewhat of a sideways step?

I too have little knowledge of Italian football. I suppose it would depend who you ask, no doubt it could be argued either way.

As a Scotland fan I don't care particularly where he plays so long as he gets decent enough minutes at a good enough level should he be required for the National Team.

It's a move up in my eyes. Verona have a lot more history, but are usually fighting in the relegation battle every season at the moment. 

While Sassuolo are mid table the past few years and even finish 6th,  they have a much better squad.

• 2 weeks later...

Sassuolo have a great record recently of young players going on to better things, though how much of that was down to de Zerbi is unclear.

More importantly, Sassuolo fans aren't right-wing nutters, and the food is much better there.

Good move for Doig.

Turnbull potentially on the move to Cardiff for around £2m (~£1m less than Celtic bought him for). It's a real shame it hasn't worked out for him given the hype in both 2019 and 2021.

Edited by accies1874

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

Turnbull potentially on the move to Cardiff for around £2m (~£1m less than Celtic bought him for). It's a real shame it hasn't worked out for him given the hype in both 2019 and 2021.

Let's hope a change of scene helps. He needs it imo.

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Perfect move for him if he stays in UK imo.

If Cardiff put faith in him, he could go on to have a Charlie Adam like career. 

But he probably does need the right balance around him.

44 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

Perfect move for him if he stays in UK imo.

If Cardiff put faith in him, he could go on to have a Charlie Adam like career. 

But he probably does need the right balance around him.

I can’t think of many players that could fit the championship less, in terms of his lack of physicality. Hopefully, as you say, with the right set up though!

Dire Mebude on loan to Bristol City, which could be an interesting one too. 

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I can’t think of many players that could fit the championship less, in terms of his lack of physicality. Hopefully, as you say, with the right set up though!

Dire Mebude on loan to Bristol City, which could be an interesting one too. 

Is the English Championship more physical than the Scottish Premiership?