Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

3 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

it. The only thing that puts me off is that I'll probably be surrounded by England fans and I'm not sure I can actually handle that. 

And they say nurses have it tough.

36 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

A cynical anti football team wins. Or a team we pretend to hate despite the fact they play some decent stuff does. Take yer pick.

Not sure who is who in this analogy. England have been a tepid shitefest this year and Italy have been the best and most entertaining team. I assume this isn't what you were going for.

46 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

Folk going to go well menstrual on here  if England play well.

But .. the Tartan Army could be giving each other hugs of achievement for cheering on Italy if they prevail. 

I suggest you do something "special". No one has ever seen England lose a major final.

Because in years to come, your grandchildren will ask you "where were you when Scotland won its greatest international result". And you can shrug a "dunno" with a wry smile while remembering you were actually fondling a goats jaffas in a field just outside Oban.

Anyway, Im saying draw, ET and pens. Then its who knows ... (but wouldnt want Pickford in my team)

Not the most ameliorative post I have ever seen on P&B but you have make a good point.

I've always been in the 'love to see England gubbed' camp but the tartan fannies have ripped the arse out of this by politicising our national team.

On Sunday I will be mostly drinking London Dry Gin.

8 minutes ago, GiGi said:

Not sure who is who in this analogy. England have been a tepid shitefest this year and Italy have been the best and most entertaining team. I assume this isn't what you were going for.

Pretend tae hate!

Speak for yerselGGi.i 

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not the most ameliorative post I have ever seen on P&B but you have make a good point.

I've always been in the 'love to see England gubbed' camp but the tartan fannies have ripped the arse out of this by politicising our national team.

thats cos yer a ***

Of the dozen or so entries in our office predictor, nobody picked either of these two as finalists. 

Fair play to them though, I would say they are the best two teams in the tournament which is what as a neutral you'd hope for in a final.

However, FORZA ITALIA! 🇮🇹

15 minutes ago, GiGi said:

They're no gonnae win it GiGi.... calm yersel (thats whit ahm tryin tae dae!...lol)

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

lol .. Adj. 1. ameliorative - tending to ameliorate. ameliorating, amelioratory, meliorative. bettering

i learnt a new word today)) thanks.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'll bite, how have Scotland fans politicised the national team?

Other than people who are proud to support Scotland actually wanting Scotland to be, you know, an actual country?

Is it any worse than England fans booing players taking the knee for political reasons?

3 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

I'll bite, how have Scotland fans politicised the national team?

Other than people who are proud to support Scotland actually wanting Scotland to be, you know, an actual country?

Is it any worse than England fans booing players taking the knee for political reasons?

You answered your own Q.  No need for me to add anything.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

You answered your own Q.  No need for me to add anything.

Fans of the Scotland national team want Scotland to be a nation. Hardly new or shocking.

Me thinks Rangers* fan is toeing the party line when it comes to Britishness.

Good luck with that.

1 minute ago, Jacky1990 said:

Fans of the Scotland national team want Scotland to be a nation. Hardly new or shocking.

Both new AND shocking.

But then when your politics are dictated by the worst sort of scheme goblins from Glasgow, Dundee and N Lanarkshire this is what you get.