Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

Italy's issue is their midfield is no existant and the wing backs are very poor. 

Relying on Bonucci and Chiellini to be creative. Bonucci's long range passing has deserted him tonight but again, it all comes back to England having a great deep central structure and pressing fast as f**k.

Hard for Italy to find space or build any sort of rhythm.

It’s disturbing how comfortable England have been. It’s not even as if they’ve had the rub of the green from the ref, or Italy have been dominant. England are in complete control. 
Definitely in the first 30 minutes.

Italy came back into it in the last 15 minutes - only time they threatened was when they played quickly and Chiesa shot - been way too ponderous in the buildup which gives England time to organise.

The number of times they've had the ball out wide and then passed it back is just frustrating.

2 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:
4 minutes ago, Aladdin said:
Immobile living up to his name. Done none of the things he is meant to be good at.

He's a penalty box striker and Italy have barely gotten anything past Rice and Phillips. He has had a poor game but that's because he's had to do all of his work outside the box.

He's fucking garbage inside the box as well, a complete and utter fraud of a player. 

That's just nonsense tbh. 
I think his influence has been a point of focus for england . When sterling went down early , chiellini came over to do his lovable older guy act and sterling pushed him away and more or less told him to feck off.

I guess what i really meant was the veneer of his usual showmanship (one of his main strengths these days) isnt as apparent tonight as it has been throughout the tournament

He seems a bit exposed imo

5 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

Kane making chiellini look like what he is . An old man .

and the ref making kane look like what he is..a diving b*****d fair play too the ref he's not took any shit from both teams going down easily...be nice if he'd let the italians away with a couple of dives in the 2nd half though 

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Italy's issue is their midfield is no existant and the wing backs are very poor. 

Relying on Bonucci and Chiellini to be creative. Bonucci's long range passing has deserted him tonight but again, it all comes back to England having a great deep central structure and pressing fast as f**k.

Hard for Italy to find space or build any sort of rhythm.

You clearly didn't actually watch the game after the first 15 minutes, because this is utter nonsense. 

Italy havent turned Englands defenders once. Eveything in front of them, no space in the chamnels and non existent full backs on the outside.

All of that needs to change. Letting England set and pack out the back is clealry going to result in more of the same.

England bossing this.

Someone posted the stats that they are practically walking in every goal they score in this tournament.

World class stuff from England .. but Italy are no mugs.

Country will be very proud of them whatever happens now Id say. Fantastic achievement to even be in the final.

1 minute ago, greenockraver said:

I think his influence has been a point of focus for england . When sterling went down early , chiellini came over to do his lovable older guy act and sterling pushed him away and more or less told hom to feck off.

I guess what i really meant was the veneer of his usual showmanship isnt as apparent tonight as it has been throughout the tournament

You've read far too much into that.

2 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

The last 45 minutes took about 2 hours. If we go 2 up we win, if we don't it will be the slowest game of my life. 

Nah - seemed like half an hour but time will stand still if you're defending a 1-0 lead on 70 mins.

3 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

I think his influence has been a point of focus for england . When sterling went down early , chiellini came over to do his lovable older guy act and sterling pushed him away and more or less told him to feck off.

I guess what i really meant was the veneer of his usual showmanship (one of his main strengths these days) isnt as apparent tonight as it has been throughout the tournament

He seems a bit exposed imo

I think you're reading too much into that. His main strength is being a world class CH. He's needing to come deep because Kane is coming deep and the midfield isn't supporting.