The long and winding road that leads me to... Campbeltown

53 minutes ago, Rosey1889 said:

At least the locals will be spared the pissed up neds that follow them.

Only ever seen St Peter's twice down at Renfrew.

Usual committee, friends and family and no doubt the very occasional nosey barsteward sorry groundhopper like me.

If they have attracted neds drinking bucky they must be locals out that scheme across the road from the Normandy Hotel. Don't think Buckfast travels well according to the tonic wine drinkers i know personally. Buckfast needs to be drank quickly after leaving the kerry oot shop fridge.

2 hours ago, santheman said:

Am I right in thinking that's 9 Saturdays left and they have 10 games to play.

9 Saturdays for the Premier Division winner to be decided, but nothing stopping the other divisions going on for a week or two like last was done last season (and the EOS also does).

4 hours ago, santheman said:

Am I right in thinking that's 9 Saturdays left and they have 10 games to play.

If you don't count today's match, Campbeltown only have 9 matches left to play.

The rules will decide what happens about today's non-game in due process.

If you can't field a team to fulfill a league fixture then you should automatically be consigned to the bottom of that league for the season, before any other sanctions are even considered. 

11 hours ago, Rosey1889 said:

At least the locals will be spared the pissed up neds that follow them.

No need to worry about the locals, they can handle themselves.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

If you don't count today's match, Campbeltown only have 9 matches left to play.

The rules will decide what happens about today's non-game in due process.

I was thinking more along the lines of possibly getting into midweek territory which would be a nightmare but I suppose the season could be extended for the 4th division to avoid that situation should it arise.

Couldn't see any team being able to make the journey down there midweek for a 6.30/7pm kickoff with a full squad.

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

If there are nine Saturdays left in the season, and Campbeltown have nine games left to play, there maybe won't be any need for them to play midweek matches.

Hope you're right.

13 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Wonder what Campbeltown s travel costs are this season -must be crazy money!

I'm led to believe that their local bus hire company gives them a couple of mini buses FOC and they just have to pay for the fuel.

13 hours ago, glensmad said:

If there are nine Saturdays left in the season, and Campbeltown have nine games left to play, there maybe won't be any need for them to play midweek matches.

I know not everyone gets the Public Holiday but there is Good Friday and Easter Monday coming up- the English non-League teams play Easter Monday games. 

9 minutes ago, santheman said:

I'm led to believe that their local bus hire company gives them a couple of mini buses FOC and they just have to pay for the fuel.

That’s a massive help 

On 09/03/2024 at 08:33, Lokloyal said:

Very poor from St Peter’s.Campbeltown make the effort every week to raise a team and travel huge distances to play every away game even when struggling badly at the bottom of the table.

I've heard it was a committee decision and the players weren't happy about it. Could be a lot of players leaving this week because of it.

25 minutes ago, burghsbest said:

I've heard it was a committee decision and the players weren't happy about it. Could be a lot of players leaving this week because of it.

That’s even worse!

On 09/03/2024 at 09:08, Casper Wilson said:

£1,000 fine for the last team that did it I believe.

Would have been cheaper sending a minibus with with 7 players and 5 of the pissed up neds.

Think that was the problem 

The committee weren't paying for any transport 

Interesting week for St Peters coming up

16 hours ago, Uncle Scan said:

Think that was the problem 

The committee weren't paying for any transport 

Interesting week for St Peters coming up

What do you do with a team which just decides on a whim that it doesn’t want to play a fixture?Tail wagging the dog.The authorities have to have the balls to deal with this properly or lose all respect.

9 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

What do you do with a team which just decides on a whim that it doesn’t want to play a fixture?Tail wagging the dog.The authorities have to have the balls to deal with this properly or lose all respect.

Authorities as in Wosfl Blazers?, respect?

You having a giraffe?

On 09/03/2024 at 03:03, Spyro said:

Back to ammys for diddies like this. Proper amateur league mentality 

And yet we still have posters on here claiming that jumped up boys clubs with no history like St Peters are a worthwhile addition to the league.