Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

31 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Speed climbing is on again.  British lassie just lost by two seconds which is a lifetime in that sport.

Seems to be fairly mad the way they have done it, combining all the variants into one discipline. Like if athletics forced Usain Bolt and Mo Farah to compete against each other. Hopefully they dish out more gold medals in Paris, it's fun to watch I reckon.

2 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

That was a ridiculous last pull from Ganna. I wonder if he's got eyes on the sub 4 minute individual pursuit in the next few months.

1/2 a second in the last lap & the Danes were motoring! 😂🤣😂 #Fuckem

49 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Seems to be fairly mad the way they have done it, combining all the variants into one discipline. Like if athletics forced Usain Bolt and Mo Farah to compete against each other. Hopefully they dish out more gold medals in Paris, it's fun to watch I reckon.

It's the climbing equivalent of the decathlon I reckon.  The decathlon is brilliant.

8 minutes ago, Left Back said:

It's the climbing equivalent of the decathlon I reckon.  The decathlon is brilliant.

Yeah, I agree. But you don't just have the decathlon and tell Usain Bolt to stay home. Have a combined event and award gold medals for the individual events, too. There are 96,312 gold medals in swimming and gymnastics. An extra handful in climbing won't kill anyone.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

23 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

If this Hassan isn't running the 800 metres, why didn't Muir run that instead? Could she potentially have won gold, there?

Mu ran a second and a half faster than Muir's 800 PB to win so it would've been a tall order.

7 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Mu ran a second and a half faster than Muir's 800 PB to win so it would've been a tall order.

Keeley Hodgkinson broke Kelly Holmes 26 year old British Record to come 2nd; Gemma Reekie, a Scottish record in coming fourth.

Probably was talking pish then. KJT goes the way of DAS. No athletics golds unless we can sneak something in the relays. What has happened to all the men? Must be the worst male athletics team Britain have ever had?

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Probably was talking pish then. KJT goes the way of DAS. No athletics golds unless we can sneak something in the relays. What has happened to all the men? Must be the worst male athletics team Britain have ever had?
As if pulling up injured wasn't bad enough, she was then DQ'd from the 200m for leaving her lane.