Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

Probably was talking pish then. KJT goes the way of DAS. No athletics golds unless we can sneak something in the relays. What has happened to all the men? Must be the worst male athletics team Britain have ever had?
It's sickening that some medalists had to fund themselves to get here yet these athletes can't even qualify for semi-finals.

Serious question, how are some you able to seemingly watch every single event and find something exciting about it? I just can't ever imagine sitting there cheering on a medal for show jumping or skeet shooting. Perhaps this is better for the unpopular opinions thread but 90% of Olympic events are garbage to watch. 

4 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

I watched some of that speed climbing this morning - surely them having a harness on is cheating?

They probably have some crazy health and safety gone mad idea that it's better if the competitors don't die.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

Serious question, how are some you able to seemingly watch every single event and find something exciting about it? I just can't ever imagine sitting there cheering on a medal for show jumping or skeet shooting. Perhaps this is better for the unpopular opinions thread but 90% of Olympic events are garbage to watch. 
I quite like showjumping and the non-dressage bits of eventing.

Probably goes back to watching Horse of the Year Show as a bairn with my gran, not to mention being a fan of NH racing - so I appreciate the skills involved.

It's pretty easy to.understand the showjumping as well - don't knock the fences down and go round in the fastest time.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well I did a lot of sports when I was younger and I used to ride horses and have done some limited dressage and jumping, so I am interested in it from that perspective.

I find some sports boring, not interested in stuff like hockey, rugby sevens, much of the boxing or tennis. If something is on and there is a GB athlete in it then I’ll still generally hope they’ll win. 

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I quite like showjumping and the non-dressage bits of eventing.

Probably goes back to watching Horse of the Year Show as bairn with my gran.

It's pretty easy to.understand the showjumping as well - don't knock the fences down and go round in the fastest time.

I understand it, I just find it incredibly boring.

Just now, Jambomo said:

Well I did a lot of sports when I was younger and I used to ride horses and have done some limited dressage and jumping, so I am interested in it from that perspective.

I find some sports boring, not interested in stuff like hockey, rugby sevens, much of the boxing or tennis. If something is on and there is a GB athlete in it then I’ll still generally hope they’ll win. 

Each to their own I suppose, I feel no connection with a show jumper whether they're British or Barbadians. Like when people were saying how delighted they were for Tom Daley, I felt absolutely nothing. 

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Personally I just like watching people competing in sports. I guess it's an appreciation of the ability and dedication that they are prepared to put in to excel at what they do.

When I was working out in Hungary years ago I went to see all manor of events like basketball, figure skating and water polo.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Also, my other option is to do some work. So…

26 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I don't really enjoy the horse torturing or gymnastics. I can find something to enjoy in just about everything else, though I prefer to have someone to support. 

Just remembered I think diving is shite, too. And the swimming dancing nonsense.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa