Tokyo "2020"

Donathan

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'm generally in favour of adding as many sports as possible, but karate against an invisible opponent?

f**k right off. Ridiculous.

I thought the TaeKwonDo  had finished too. Full contact Karate, too similar.

Another  Gold , well done Matt Walls 
He was tactically superb through all 4 races, especially in the last one when he had the gold just about sewn up early on. Only way he was losing after gaining a lap was if he crashed or had a mechanical.

1 hour ago, kiddy said:

I thought the TaeKwonDo  had finished too. Full contact Karate, too similar.

Only saw a bit of it because some TWAT decided to send me some work to do. Looked like taekwando but scored like judo with them going on about ippons. Anyway no problem with adding another contact sport. Karate dancing, though? Total nonsense.

7 minutes ago, kiddy said:

BBC just gave us the whole womens Water Polo competition in 2 mins.

Read today's Private Eye that discussed this. The BBC coverage is about a tenth of what it was in 2016 and 2012 as the main broadcasters are Eurosport and Disney+. As such the BBC channels (no red button) and whizzing from sport to sport, and cutting off things half way through to go to the news and regular shows.

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Read today's Private Eye that discussed this. The BBC coverage is about a tenth of what it was in 2016 and 2012 as the main broadcasters are Eurosport and Disney+. As such the BBC channels (no red button) and whizzing from sport to sport, and cutting off things half way through to go to the news and regular shows.

Then you get 1/2 hr introduction to climbing? When it was on the other day!

8 hours ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

Hate this type of corny, cloying shite.

No one cares if you finish the race, love. 

It really is vomit-inducing.

If she was Russian/American she'd have to go home in the cargo bay, before being taken out the back and shot. 

Here in the UK she'll end up with a peerage and a slot as a competitor on 'Strictly', just so the BBC can run a piece on how wonderful she is every fucking day for six weeks.