English Premier League 2021/22 Season

Not convinced Howe is the right appointment just now. I think they'll need 3 different types of manager over the next few years. This season they need a short term appointment to keep them in the league by any means necessary. If they were to do that then next season they'd need someone to progress the club up the league and begin the first phase of signings. In a couple of years time if that works they'd be looking at the top managers to bring them success.

They need to make sure they aren't trying to run before they walk, I'd have them odds-on to get relegated this year. Their entire focus this season should be staying in the league, Howe is one of the last managers I'd pick to come in and save my club from relegation. His signings (particularly big money ones) have been very poor and this is the market Newcastle will now be operating in. His defences have never been great, in fact his style of play just exposes his defence. Newcastle's defence is brutal and exposing them by having high and wide full backs and expecting them to play out from the back is suicide. And even if he could get them to do that it would take a while to implement that, they don't have that time. If I had to pick between Steve Bruce and Eddie Howe to prevent my club being relegated I'd go Bruce every time. I'd pick Eddie Howe to progress the club from a stable base next summer, but not just now.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever