English Premier League 2021/22 Season

3 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

they have a Scot playing for them 

So do Man Utd, Leeds, Aston Villa...i don't see what that means

3 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Have you… ever seen him interviewed after a defeat? He’s a complete walloper who takes everything out on the interviewer and the opposition for not just rolling over.

You've fallen hook, line and sinker for the media narrative that he’s such a happy chappy.

"but but but he hugs his players!"

16 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Everton back in front as Leicester can't defend a set piece yet again.

It's fascinating that Rodgers has started using the Gordon Strachan excuse of his players are just too short

Klopp is clearly a superb manager but he is a total knob when liverpool drop points. He is one of those managers that expect poorer teams than liverpool to come to anfield and go toe to toe with his team and get drubbed. Just so they can play “proper football”.

Similar views are usually held by managed of the old firm up here. There is no right way to play football. The right way to play football is the way that wins you the game.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Brentford's win yesterday puts them on 43 points, the same as Watford and Norwich combined, the other two teams who were promoted along with them. Will be interesting to see how they build on that, persuading Eriksen to stay would be huge for them.

Hard to see them keeping Eriksen or Toney. Without the two of them they'll be in serious relegation bother unfortunately. 

20 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Hard to see them keeping Eriksen or Toney. Without the two of them they'll be in serious relegation bother unfortunately. 

Toney is under contract until 2025. He's done well but I'm not sure he's done enough to merit a club paying a massive fee that Brentford would want for him. Keeping Eriksen will be a bigger ask but I think he could be tempted by a one year deal.

Arsenal doing Arsenal things and allowing Leeds to get a goal back.
Leeds almost nick an equaliser in stoppage time.

Everton hang on for the win and jump above Leeds and Burnley, with Leeds now in the bottom 3.

Everton are away at Watford on Wednesday while Leeds host Chelsea.

Everton seen to be getting their act together, still with a game in hand, reckon they’ll be Ok.
Burnley have Spurs & Villa away and Newcastle at home
Leeds have Chelsea & Brighton at home and Brentford Away.
Have a wee soft spot for Leeds, and although it might come right down to goal difference on May 22nd, I think it’s they who will be heading back into the Championship after a two year stint in the top flight. Hope Im wrong, but a sneaky feeling that Burnley will somehow cling on to 17th.

Grealish looked like he properly clicked with the Man City system for the first time in the second half today. His decision making and keeping the pace of play up were markedly better than previous. Earlier in the season he ignores the pass to Sterling and smashes is straight at the keeper.

5 hours ago, Ex Machina said:

Toney is under contract until 2025. He's done well but I'm not sure he's done enough to merit a club paying a massive fee that Brentford would want for him. Keeping Eriksen will be a bigger ask but I think he could be tempted by a one year deal.

Hope you're right, I'm a huge fan of Toney though and think Arsenal or Man U would be great destinations for him. May have flown under the radar just enough though. 

9 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Have you… ever seen him interviewed after a defeat? He’s a complete walloper who takes everything out on the interviewer and the opposition for not just rolling over.

You've fallen hook, line and sinker for the media narrative that he’s such a happy chappy.

Yeah, was exactly the same with the media obsession with Mourinho. Always presenting him as a hilarious character and ignoring the fact that he was a classless arsehole after every defeat. Luckily the defeats have been much more common in recent years so nobody is taken in any more.

1 hour ago, jimmy boo said:
5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:
Sterling was excellent today.
Howe won’t last at Newcastle, especially if he focuses on Brexit ball signings. 

I'm guessing that made sense in your head.

I mean Chris Woods & Dan Burn are proper Brexit ball signings. On the other hand Guimaraes is a quality signing and Trippier is decent. Got to take the ying with the Yang.

Sterling was excellent today.
Howe won’t last at Newcastle, especially if he focuses on Brexit ball signings. 

Ignoring the fact they were playing one of the best teams in the league, the signings newcastle made in January were exactly the type of signings they needed to make as evidenced by the fact of them moving up the table. As mentioned in other comments, they will be looking at completely different signings going forward