English Premier League 2021/22 Season

I’m more opposed to it being considered offside tbh, just because Foster fucks up and rushes out. Being behind one defending player should be enough. 

You're basically saying that there should be almost no offsides in a game ever then, since the goalkeeper would almost always be between the attacker and the goal to play people onside.

Why is Foster rushing out any different to a defender rushing out and leaving space in behind?

Arsenal with a very clear offside goal awarded initially then ruled out by VAR.

Anyone who still opposes VAR is saying fake goals like that should be allowed to stand. 

People opposing VAR don't oppose it because it gets decisions correct, they oppose it because of the associated cost to the entertainment value of the sport.

I actually think that even without VAR the correct decision would ultimately have been made there via the tried and tested method of the ref going to speak to the linesman.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

You're basically saying that there should be almost no offsides in a game ever then, since the goalkeeper would almost always be between the attacker and the goal to play people onside.

Why is Foster rushing out any different to a defender rushing out and leaving space in behind?

GoAliEs gEt eNuFF pRoteCTion As it iS!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I’d be good with no offside to be honest. 

That isn’t what I am saying though. It shouldn’t need a keeper and outfield player to be behind the ball, just that only the outfield player could count. If the keeper buggers off but there is still an outfield player there, why should it be offside?

I guess I agree, why is Foster rushing out treated differently here than a defender?

Edited by Jambomo

They should really just stop broadcasting games from The Emirates.
The atmosphere is enough to make anyone consider what the f**k they’re doing with their weekend.

Out of all the modern stadium in London, it’s the worst, I don’t think their fans ever really get excited.

That was a worst of all-time cameo from Holgate. Didn't have a clue where to stand or what to do, was dispossed for Lo Celso hitting the post and made a really stupid and unnecessary challenge to get sent off.

Everton were decent, though, but didn't create much.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

People opposing VAR don't oppose it because it gets decisions correct, they oppose it because of the associated cost to the entertainment value of the sport.

I actually think that even without VAR the correct decision would ultimately have been made there via the tried and tested method of the ref going to speak to the linesman.

VAR means players are not cheating as much because it's a waste of time. They are going to get caught most of the time. It's good for that.