English Premier League 2021/22 Season

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Obviously missing Liam Cooper... 

Obviously. And Phillips and Bamford too.  Even with them,  Leeds could not stop this rampant City side.

Leeds are heading towards the relegation zone. They need to get the injured players back and bring in reinforcements in January.

And in goes number six - eta seven!!!

Edited by Bishop Briggs

Really? Norwich bought seven new players during summer and loaned four more. The total spend was around £60 million.
Only four started tonight, two are on the bench, two are injured, two have Covid and the other is not in the squad.
They haven't looked much better than tonight when everyone was available.

They spent £8m on a centre back who couldn't get a game for Burnley. Spent 5m on Gunn from Southampton when one of the few positions they had proven top flight quality was with Krul in goal. Also supposedly a hefty loan fee for Kabak who didn’t look anywhere near EPL quality last year at Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

They spent £8m on a centre back who couldn't get a game for Burnley. Spent 5m on Gunn from Southampton when one of the few positions they had proven top flight quality was with Krul in goal. Also supposedly a hefty loan fee for Kabak who didn’t look anywhere near EPL quality last year at Liverpool.

I agree that they have wasted a lot of money on mediocre players.

Sargent hasn't impressed when I've seen him.

They've really Farked up. Can't see Smith improving this lot much.

7 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

I can't recall any other side in the EPL in recent years that carry as little attacking threat as they do. They rarely ever look like scoring a goal - 8 in 17 games so far. 

I agree that they have wasted a lot of money on mediocre players.
Sargent hasn't impressed when I've seen him.
They've really Farked up. Can't see Smith improving this lot much.
It's like Sheffield Utd last season, spent plenty for little substance.

5 minutes ago, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

Norwich haven't spent much. They sold Buendia for £40 million, remember. Net spend last two promotion seasons is about thirty million. Peanuts in the Premier League.

Much of the revenue from player sales was used to cover the Covid losses of over £40 million in 2020 and 2021.

11 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Much of the revenue from player sales was used to cover the Covid losses of over £40 million in 2020 and 2021.

You may be right. Regardless, you can't expect to stay long in that league if you don't spend serious money (and, unlike Sheffield United, spend at least most of it wisely). 

I wonder if Smith has been promised much.

Just now, Small Bovine Maisonette said:

You may be right. Regardless, you can't expect to stay long in that league if you don't spend serious money (and, unlike Sheffield United, spend at least most of it wisely). 

I wonder if Smith has been promised much.

IIRC Delia Smith and husband are the majority shareholders.

It's unlikely that they can afford to buy a few quality players in January.

To be fair they have looked a lot better so far under Smith than they did under Farke.

Tonight is a bit exceptional in that they are running on fumes player-wise, Covid and injury have fucked them. I think they had 2 or 3 that were going to start out with Covid now. 3 of their 4 first choice defenders are injured.

That said they couldn’t score in a brothel so whilst they play might get better, I doubt the win ratio will. 

On 13/12/2021 at 22:59, Marten said:

The days after Christmas I'll be in London. For the Tuesday I'm still looking for a game to go to. Both Palace and Arsenal are at home but a membership is needed for both.

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone on here has, or know someone who has, a membership at either who could buy me a ticket?

Are you still looking Marten?