Kilwinning Rangers 23/24

34 minutes ago, energyzone said:

All five are definitely winnable but none of them are easy. The start of the season was a sticky patch, we then went on a good run and had another downturn in form. Hopefully last week's last-gasp winner will improve the morale and give the team some belief that it is possible.  It's also possible to lose all five mind you!

Imho …We were dead and buried several times. Our form has been erratic…especially at home. But good enough on the day to beat anyone in this league. You see, I don’t sense the dread around Buffs park that followed a few howlers of results recently. Not at game last week, but hearing a “clear the air” talk produced a stunning fighting performance.   Injuries are clearing up. I’m  confidently predicting a grandstand finish from Buffs. So much so, I’d love to have a bet on them going up, having studied everyone’s remaining fixtures. But no Mr Matt Independent (Irvine) nowadays to empty his pockets. Never lost a Buffs bet with him. Time for the Kilwinning public to rally round….. 58 will be great ✊💙⚽️. 

Edited by History Buff

No ability to make a simple pass or a desire to shoot when the opportunity was glaringly obvious.

Rank rotten again.

The visitors could have been home and hosed by the interval had they taken their chances.

If a league could be won on the ability to moan and shout at each other we’d be swanning around with our medals now.

Just get that imposter out now and let any prospective new Manager have a look at who he feels could do a job for next season and build from there.

Unless Lamont was injured he’s contradicted himself again.

He said in his interview last week that he “doesn’t take Lamont off” so why do so today?

Edited by Peter Culter

8 minutes ago, Peter Culter said:

No ability to make a simple pass or a desire to shoot when the opportunity was glaringly obvious.

Rank rotten again.

The visitors could have been home and hosed by the interval had they taken their chances.

If a league could be won on the ability to moan and shout at each other we’d be swanning around with our medals now.

Just get that imposter out now and let any prospective new Manager have a look at who he feels could do a job for next season and build from there.

Unless Lamont was injured he’s contradicted himself again.

He said in his interview last week that he “doesn’t take Lamont off” so why do so today?

It was sadly one of the worst Buffs shows I’ve seen in a long, long time. And there’s been plenty of them over the 55 years I’ve followed them.  

Edited by History Buff

45 minutes ago, History Buff said:

It was sadly one of the worst Buffs shows I’ve seen in a long, long time. And there’s been plenty of them over the 55 years I’ve followed them.  

I was thinking along the same lines.

One of the worst that I’ve seen, too.

When you consider the s*it shows of last season, that is saying something!

11 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

First some perspective on worst Buffs performances ever. I give you - April 21st 2023 Kilwinning Rangers 0 Clydebank 7 (that wins the prize for me). Same manager that night. Are we any better almost a year later?

🫣

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

First some perspective on worst Buffs performances ever. I give you - April 21st 2023 Kilwinning Rangers 0 Clydebank 7 (that wins the prize for me). Same manager that night. Are we any better almost a year later?

No, we aren't better. The manager failed to keep us up and has now failed to get us promoted.

Edited by funky monkey

50 minutes ago, Park the Buffs said:

No.

He contributed as much from the sidelines then as he does now.

We tried to play the same way as we did last week (to great effect) and knock the ball about but that early goal came from nowhere and rattled us for a good 10-15 mins.

Rutherglen are a strong physical side and they completely outmuscled us all over the park and defended very well.  We didn't really get any clear opportunities at all and were relying on a second ball in the box.  Unfortunately I'm not sure we win any second balls all match.

I can't really fault the effort - but the quality just isn't there.

1 hour ago, energyzone said:

We tried to play the same way as we did last week (to great effect) and knock the ball about but that early goal came from nowhere and rattled us for a good 10-15 mins.

Rutherglen are a strong physical side and they completely outmuscled us all over the park and defended very well.  We didn't really get any clear opportunities at all and were relying on a second ball in the box.  Unfortunately I'm not sure we win any second balls all match.

I can't really fault the effort - but the quality just isn't there.

I can't say I agree with the assessment that Glencairn are a strong physical side. Quite the opposite actually, I've been critical over the season that we have tried to play too much football at times on pitches that didn't suit that style and we weren't physical enough.

I felt today the Buffs back line looked vulnerable all afternoon and, although the opening goal was a touch of brilliance out of nowhere, we had certainly been threatening before that.

After we scored the second goal we were comfortable, even when Buffs pulled one back late on they never really looked like equalising in added time.

I like to watch the body language of both teams prior to a match and, while I felt our boys looked focused, I felt Buffs were perhaps a bit complacent, especially when one of the Buffs players came out of the dressing room pre-match and said out loud to me and the wee boy who were sitting there, "Top of the league tonight." At that very moment I thought, "Oh yeh ?"

Edited by glensmad

9 hours ago, glensmad said:

I can't say I agree with the assessment that Glencairn are a strong physical side. Quite the opposite actually, I've been critical over the season that we have tried to play too much football at times on pitches that didn't suit that style and we weren't physical enough.

I felt today the Buffs back line looked vulnerable all afternoon and, although the opening goal was a touch of brilliance out of nowhere, we had certainly been threatening before that.

After we scored the second goal we were comfortable, even when Buffs pulled one back late on they never really looked like equalising in added time.

I like to watch the body language of both teams prior to a match and, while I felt our boys looked focused, I felt Buffs were perhaps a bit complacent, especially when one of the Buffs players came out of the dressing room pre-match and said out loud to me and the wee boy who were sitting there, "Top of the league tonight." At that very moment I thought, "Oh yeh ?"

Were you both mascots for the day?

11 hours ago, glensmad said:

What Buffs player was that, shirt number?

8 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I don't know, he wasn't in his strip at the time as it was before the warm-up while I was waiting outside the dressing room for the Glencairn team details in preparation for doing our team lines.

2 hours ago, funky monkey said:

I’d like to know what reasons the player had for being as arrogant.

I must have missed most of this season where we’ve been absolutely outstanding and beaten every team to show up to Buffs Park.

Too many players happy to talk a good game and fluff their lines when it matters.

Edited by Peter Culter

4 hours ago, glensmad said:

I don't know, he wasn't in his strip at the time as it was before the warm-up while I was waiting outside the dressing room for the Glencairn team details in preparation for doing our team lines.

It's not a good look for any Buffs player to be behaving like that.

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

On a brighter note, at least we will have another local derby next season with Ardrossan being promoted.

Interesting to contrast the fortunes of AWR with their fellow three toon counterparts