Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

It's a good point. Vanity/ego in most cases. A lot of these clubs are barely clubs, with severely limited fan bases to enjoy whatever money is being chucked at their clubs.

Gartcairn I know for a fact paying guys 500 /600 quid a week but can only provide one shower at a time for away players!! The games a bogey. 

It's well known I like a wee rumble on here with the Talbot boys but that club is total class in how they look after their players and other clubs who visit them despite the 90 minute horrible nature of the rivalry.

Edited by Thejackdaw

20 minutes ago, Thejackdaw said:

Gartcairn I know for a fact paying guys 500 /600 quid a week but can only provide one shower at a time for away players!! The games a bogey. 

It's well known I like a wee rumble on here with the Talbot boys but that club is total class in how they look after their players and other clubs who visit them despite the 90 minute horrible nature of the rivalry.

It's a trend that I don't like very much. In some ways, it's diluting the premier league, with these clubs bringing nothing in terms of support and atmosphere. The money getting chucked at players has created a new mercenary breed.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

He'll probably end up at Ardrossan and score the winner against us next season at some point.

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, funky monkey said:

I love Ben as a player and always will, what a servant to the club and at only 32 in my opinion he is actually moving at the right time. I know the buffs fans will disagree but he is probably thought of as a veteran at the club by many and coming to the end of his career , which given his age is quite the opposite. I moved from Pollok to Buffs aged 32 and felt in my prime at that point. My point is the longer he stayed the harder it would be to motivate himself, especially if not playing regularly, which I believe he wasn't last season, and  the mentality might be in his own mind to accept he's wasn't the player he once was. 
Moving now will undoubtedly give him a fresh spark and a desire to go prove himself at a new club and probably prolong his Playing career at the top end of WOSFL for a good few seasons yet. 
It's a real sore one for all the buffs fans but I really hope they let them go with their best wishes and treat him like the legend he deserves to be treated like if he ends up back at the club playing against him. 
As long as he doesn't score!! lol 

Best of luck in your new team Benji! 

Edited by Fabi

Posted (edited)

Aitken effectively pushed Benji out the door by leaving him on the bench for most games, with no explanation.   For Aitken "not to see it coming" just shows how out of touch he is as a manager.

Edited by Chancellor

I think Ben would have felt the pain of the last 2 seasons a lot more than any other player at the club. I think Fabi is right - he’s only early thirties and he’s doing what’s best for himself. Don’t know if he’s got any coaching aspirations but maybe one day in the future he’ll be back. An incredible servant to the club - hopefully he won’t score against us next season but if he does I’m sure he won’t celebrate it.

2 hours ago, Park the Buffs said:

I think Ben would have felt the pain of the last 2 seasons a lot more than any other player at the club. I think Fabi is right - he’s only early thirties and he’s doing what’s best for himself. Don’t know if he’s got any coaching aspirations but maybe one day in the future he’ll be back. An incredible servant to the club - hopefully he won’t score against us next season but if he does I’m sure he won’t celebrate it.

Possibly the only player that really felt the pain?

2 hours ago, Chancellor said:

Aitken effectively pushed Benji out the door by leaving him on the bench for most games, with no explanation.   For Aitken "not to see it coming" just shows how out of touch he as a manager.

Much truth in this in my opinion.

Ben was in the team one week, then out the next. His versatility meant that he was moved to various positions. He must have been really fed up with it.

The no explanation thing is interesting. It was the same with Craig Gordon who found himself out of the team for a long spell, even when the rookie goalie who'd replaced him was making mistakes and costing us goals and points.

7 hours ago, Chancellor said:

Aitken effectively pushed Benji out the door by leaving him on the bench for most games, with no explanation.   For Aitken "not to see it coming" just shows how out of touch he as a manager.

Absolutely.

He really is a clueless halfwit.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

Central midfielder for me or breaking up the play in defensive midfield role.

I thought he was older than 32 and the guy seems to have been about forever, I'm sure he was the guy who missed the buffs vital spot kick at bellsdale in the Scottish cup semi final first leg when we were winning 1-0.

Edited by Thejackdaw

7 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

I thought he was older than 32 and the guy seems to have been about forever, I'm sure he was the guy who missed the buffs vital spot kick at bellsdale in the Scottish cup semi final first leg when we were winning 1-0.

He was that guy.

1 hour ago, TediousTom said:

Any idea where he is off to? 

Rumours of Beith with some sort of dual role under Strain.

Wherever he goes, he'll always be Mr Buffs and welcome back any time.

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

Rumours of Beith with some sort of dual role under Strain.

Wherever he goes, he'll always be Mr Buffs and welcome back any time.

Players don't often spend that long at any club these days.  16 years is a great achievement on its own.  Good luck to the lad.