Kilwinning Rangers 24/25

Just now, History Buff said:

Just to add, when the tennis courts were dug out, they were done to a fair depth and filled with rocks. This helped immens,y  with the natural drainage of Buffs Park. It very rarely floods now since the tennis courts were completed.  

The courts being at a lower level than Buffs park. 

4 hours ago, Peter Culter said:

Surely a 35-year-old journeyman is not of the type of pool we’re looking at?

He’s not looked great in the matches I’ve seen if I’m honest and has to be reminded of what to do by his teammates more than an experienced player really should.

Hoping he proves me wrong but I can’t see this one working.

I remember when the buffs were in a similar position and went out and signed two Journeymen in their late 30s and that worked out no too bad with promotion back to the 1st Division 😗. Players are different now and definitely look after themselves better than when I was a young player.  35 is by no means old these days and I think I had some of my best games at that age. 
His experience might just be what's needed with a younger squad this year! 

12 minutes ago, Fabi said:

I remember when the buffs were in a similar position and went out and signed two Journeymen in their late 30s and that worked out no too bad with promotion back to the 1st Division 😗. Players are different now and definitely look after themselves better than when I was a young player.  35 is by no means old these days and I think I had some of my best games at that age. 
His experience might just be what's needed with a younger squad this year! 

Shearer and you were an absolute joy to watch together, complimented each other perfectly. Both of you put the fear into opponents.

I remember when we signed Midge Reynolds and I wondered how he would fit it, but the 3 of you were excellent together, a really good combination.

31 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Shearer and you were an absolute joy to watch together, complimented each other perfectly. Both of you put the fear into opponents.

I remember when we signed Midge Reynolds and I wondered how he would fit it, but the 3 of you were excellent together, a really good combination.

Reynolds was an absolute warrior.

A prime example of not having to be a giant to be a great central defender.

16 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Wee midge was outstanding!  I can't deny pitching two old yins who were nearly 40 together did give me doubts but it just worked. Age doesn't matter if you have guys that  are still fit and free from injuries and they are the right fit for the squad. Hopefully the new manager will get the right blend to keep the team competitive this season.

So many negative comments and detractors and a ball hasn't been kicked in anger. It is work in progress with massive changes in the squad, Rome wasn't built in a day and he needs time to get the right squad together, there will be signing that don't work out on the way , that's only natural when bringing in so many. 

Edited by Fabi

3 hours ago, History Buff said:

A wee present ….never forget those who came before us.  And the grounds that Kilwinningites revered during our 125 years in football. 

IMG_3359.jpeg

That's fantastic. 125 years of history.

4 hours ago, History Buff said:

A wee present ….never forget those who came before us.  And the grounds that Kilwinningites revered during our 125 years in football. 

IMG_3359.jpeg

Congratulations, with hopefully a successful season to celebrate 

21 hours ago, Fabi said:

Honking draw, but need to beat the best if we are going to win it! 😁

Yep Fabi that’s a tough one-we have a hugely difficult one too v Darvel which we wouldn’t have wanted either!

1 hour ago, Lokloyal said:

Yep Fabi that’s a tough one-we have a hugely difficult one too v Darvel which we wouldn’t have wanted either!

Ye big tie too, fancy you in it though ! 

Good luck to the management, players and everyone associated with the Buffs on the eve of a new season.

125 years of history, let's make this season a good one.

COYB 🔵 ⚪ 🔵 ⚪ Onwards and upwards.

Good luck guys, as much as I have been fairly negative and critical around recent going ons, it would be great to see you have a good season, have a lot of time for people at the buffs. 

Edited by Westy1

It was a good result for what is essentially a brand new team. Although Ardrossan probably had most of the play, the defence were very comfortable and dealt with everything apart from one lapse in concentration.  We didn't have much up front at all and didn't look like scoring in the second half at all, however a draw was probably a fair result.  We tried to play a bit of football and I don't think many Buffs fans will be too unhappy at that performance given what's gone on in the last two seasons.