2 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

You talk about players sold, last summer not a player was sold, still in the midst of a pandemic where crowds at football were never guaranteed again, your club spent 13mill on players, paid 2mill to loan duffy and fucked another few mill a year onto a wage bill that was already bloated with unwanted players

You seem to have a bee in your bonnet about Celtic, we sold Frimpong for 11 million,the wages on the loan players are there for this season.
Getting Brown off the wage bill also frees up some dosh,Transfer fees on Klimala,Hendry,Bayo,Shved and Ajer has helped the rebuild.

3 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Celtic buy and sell really well. Rangers speculated to accumulate, and it worked, this time. 

Celtic have spent 180,000,000 on wages in 3 years? Maybe I'm being thick but I find that really hard to believe.

I can believe it.

8 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Celtic buy and sell really well. Rangers speculated to accumulate, and it worked, this time. 

Celtic have spent 180,000,000 on wages in 3 years? Maybe I'm being thick but I find that really hard to believe.

Yeah it’s roughly £59 million per season.

What makes this figure even more startling is that the same figure as the likes of Villarreal and Benfica pay out. 

Although we seem to be comfortable paying that it’s what we get back in terms of results that suggest the money is far from well spent 

Edited by Jinky67

7 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

TBF, about £150m of that was Lawwell.

Just now, CCB19035 said:

Makes it even more mental that the rest of us were told the back to back to back trebles were an actual achievement.

It’s churlish to say it isn’t, the level of consistency to be able to that over 4 seasons is an achievement. There are many clubs across Europe who have a significant financial advantage over the rest of their league and yet have never won 12 domestic trophies on the bounce.

It’s something I doubt we will ever see again 

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

It’s churlish to say it isn’t, the level of consistency to be able to that over 4 seasons is an achievement. There are many clubs across Europe who have a significant financial advantage over the rest of their league and yet have never won 12 domestic trophies on the bounce.

It’s something I doubt we will ever see again 

Has any other league got the level of income disparity Scotland has?   I find it hard to believe

Never seen Celtic so bad since Wednesday, that clown they have at the back can't remembers his name, came for the Kazakstani league, I really don't know what to type about Soro, It should be 2 R's ken.

The savour of Scottish football, looks like a Motherwell player, not good enough.  Where's Eddy?????

The Japanees kamakazi  why is this happening......

Daily Record

Hearts got lucky, that Souteer bhoy jumps to high for Glasgow Fitba, better when headers are banned,.

Glasgow Hearld

The fight back begins B teams challenge in the lowland league

Sky Sports

Aberdeen captain wins the double. Loving life after the CiTantic started to leak, excusive.

Atlanta Times 

Hearts could have done more, with the points they lost in 1898

Tom English

24 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Ah, so when he says "wages" he doesn't necessarily mean playing staff. 

Not like those pesky **** to misrepresent information for their own agenda!

Nobody has misrepresented anything, you just assumed something by the looks of it. I could be wrong, but I don't think football clubs often break down their operating costs into playing staff and non-playing staff so it would likely be very hard to say what the exact split is, but the overall figure is still an effective way to highlight the relative spend compared to other clubs.

22 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Has any other league got the level of income disparity Scotland has?   I find it hard to believe

Ligue 1. Obviously it’s a large league than ours however PSG’s wage bills in some 3/4 times that of any other club in the league. 

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Think Halliday was already on a yellow though? It just when a tackle is so obviously cynical you truly wonder what the ref is thinking for it not to merit a card. We were just off it regardless though.

I like you just pick the one transfer window from that season as we recuperated most that money back in the January transfer window. You are cherry picking stuff to try and prove your point but frankly it just doesn't stand up, the accounts over the years prove this. 
The likes of Ajeti, Duffy, Klimala were never going to fit in with the way we play but the board just decided to tread water with a guy was trying to fit square pegs in to round holes. Sticking with Lennon for so long not only fucked us last season, but is carrying over to this season by dragging our heels for so long.

Okay so you recouperated your spend in jan, the 9iar season you needed the tierney sale to break even, that season you made the last 16 of the europa league, iirc thats 6 home european games all season, thats a massive chunk of ticket income that will be missing from last season, so even if frimpong covered the transfer buys, what covered the undoubted massive drop in revenue that celtic will have endured (we all did, im not saying that as a bad thing, just thstit happened) 

The board can be blamed for the likes of lennon being hired etc, but to say they havent backed the team when celtic run at a massive loss without CL income or player sales is mental, they allowed celtic to run at an 85mill expense figure for scottish football, they did that based on the hope that CL qualification or players sales or both will cover it, 

Would you prefer if the board turned round and said "we make 50mill a year without euro money or player sales, were gonna budget for that instead" 

41 minutes ago, CCB19035 said:

Ah, so when he says "wages" he doesn't necessarily mean playing staff. 

Not like those pesky **** to misrepresent information for their own agenda!

180mill in 3 years, doesnt matter if its tea ladies, cleaners or whatever, fact is a scottish club is spending that amount on wages just to run the club, thats not exactly penny pinching from the board is it? 

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I think it would matter if it was all going on tea ladies 

True, they should diversify into the coffee game. Caffeine doping does wonders allegedly! 

24 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Hunspiracy

Well I noticed from the Cinch fiasco that Rangers have returned to there old stance of just doing what the f**k they like as a special case.

Edited by Gaz FFC

9 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Probably been asked/answered but why were Hearts allowed only 25% capacity and Rangers 45% capacity on Saturday?

Think its the councils that are deciding the capacity? Also the vast majority of the Rangers crowd will be double jabbed due to being grotesquely obese.

Edited by gannonball