Lowland league Attendances

The Faceman

21 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Hi @The Faceman

I know you've went with a different approach recently with sending the data to the social media of the leagues. It looks like the Lowland League isn't publishing them.

A new month often sees an update, would it be possible to add them here?

I messaged him a couple of weeks back with a correction to one of the attendances, which he hasn't even read yet. Perhaps he isn;t using the forum anymore?

On 01/04/2024 at 12:26, FairWeatherFan said:

Hi @The Faceman

I know you've went with a different approach recently with sending the data to the social media of the leagues. It looks like the Lowland League isn't publishing them.

A new month often sees an update, would it be possible to add them here?

On behalf of The Faceman, Lowland League Attendances, at 1 April 2024, now attached.

For any Bo'ness United 'posters' who see this, would be great if you/the Club can see if the missing 9 attendance figures can be provided.

Thank you.

glhx0xyN.jpg.4212369db296ceca9e2056e225ddf385.jpg

1 minute ago, Casey Jones said:

On behalf of The Faceman, Lowland League Attendances, at 1 April 2024, now attached.

For any Bo'ness United 'posters' who see this, would be great if you/the Club can see if the missing 9 attendance figures can be provided.

Thank you.

Thanks for that!

On 05/04/2024 at 10:28, Casey Jones said:

Thank you.

Can you pass onto him that the Hearts B v Gretna crowd is listed in the Gretna programme as 557, not 350, which is in line with my own estimation as I was at the game.

Celtic B v Gretna is listed as 200, not 130. 

Can't help with BU figures unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Never really paid much attention to the 'B' teams, but the one benefit that I would have expected is an increase in the crowd counts when they visit.  The table doesn't reflect that.  I'm also surprised at how low the crowd counts are for their home games.

It's as if nobody really cares about watching the emerging talent at Celtic and Hearts 🤷‍♂️

So the 2 colt sides are averaging just over 400 combined for their home games.

Linlithgow Rose and Berwick Rangers average that or more themselves.

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

So the 2 colt sides are averaging just over 400 combined for their home games.

Linlithgow Rose and Berwick Rangers average that or more themselves.

I don't think anyone really cares about what the B teams draw at home.

Its the guest fees, two extra match days and typically above average gate from those games.

2 hours ago, MrIrvinePollock said:

Never really paid much attention to the 'B' teams, but the one benefit that I would have expected is an increase in the crowd counts when they visit.  The table doesn't reflect that.  I'm also surprised at how low the crowd counts are for their home games.

It's as if nobody really cares about watching the emerging talent at Celtic and Hearts 🤷‍♂️

I'd say an average of 268 is very decent for what amounts to U20 football (only 12 less than Albion Rovers, 20 less than Cowdenbeath), the 6th best average in the league. Celtic perhaps not so much.

On the flip side Gala's top two league crowds were against the B teams, Linlithgow got their second and third biggest against the B teams, CCS their biggest and third biggest. Stirling Uni third and fourth. Broomhill and Cumbernauld got their largest crowds against Celtic B.

That's a benefit in a league where you have four or five clubs that literally bring no fans at all.

Edited by Burnieman

20 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Strollers really have won a watch with Jardine. Their budget and gates should completely defy being a top 6/7 team in this league.

Their budget would probably be gobsmacking to most people.

5 hours ago, Burnieman said:

I'd say an average of 268 is very decent for what amounts to U20 football (only 12 less than Albion Rovers, 20 less than Cowdenbeath), the 6th best average in the league. Celtic perhaps not so much.

On the flip side Gala's top two league crowds were against the B teams, Linlithgow got their second and third biggest against the B teams, CCS their biggest and third biggest. Stirling Uni third and fourth. Broomhill and Cumbernauld got their largest crowds against Celtic B.

That's a benefit in a league where you have four or five clubs that literally bring no fans at all.

As you will know as you were there our game with Hearts on a Friday night drew 303 which was 2 less than we got v Strollers who brought a handful of fans if we were lucky although it was the 1st home game of the season.

We actually got a below average crowd for Celtic. Our best crowds have been v the old junior sides Lithgae, Bo'ness and Tranent, we probably could have got more v Tranent if it wasn't  on a Tuesday night as more of their fans may have travelled same with the return game which was also midweek.

Frustrating that 2 of our midweek homes were against sides who actually have a travelling support the other being Albion Rovers. Both would have attracted bigger crowds on a Saturday.

3 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

As you will know as you were there our game with Hearts on a Friday night drew 303 which was 2 less than we got v Strollers who brought a handful of fans if we were lucky although it was the 1st home game of the season.

We actually got a below average crowd for Celtic. Our best crowds have been v the old junior sides Lithgae, Bo'ness and Tranent, we probably could have got more v Tranent if it wasn't  on a Tuesday night as more of their fans may have travelled same with the return game which was also midweek.

Frustrating that 2 of our midweek homes were against sides who actually have a travelling support the other being Albion Rovers. Both would have attracted bigger crowds on a Saturday.

I was astonished at how few fans Tranent had at Linlithgow.on Saturday.  

1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

I was astonished at how few fans Tranent had at Linlithgow.on Saturday.  

They had a bus at our place last season, not so much for a Tuesday night this season.

8 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Low, from what I understand of it.   Gary Jardine works wonders with them.

Someone has to be putting their hand in their pocket to fund CSS, even if it’s not on the scale of some clubs.

Their crowds are negligible, they don’t appear to have any external fan funded schemes that a lot of clubs have.

They have done an incredible job to be fair, and it gives hope for all clubs in the Lowland that a solid team can be built on not a huge amount of money.

11 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Someone has to be putting their hand in their pocket to fund CSS, even if it’s not on the scale of some clubs.

I don't think there is.