NCAA Football 2023

Liamjones

Sad to see the Pac-12 go tbh. Prefer the regionalised conferences rather than this new money grabbing cross country shite.

No idea what the bookies were thinking having Oregon as 10 point favourites. Very overrated in every department. Odunze and Penix will get the credits but I’m a big fan of McMillan for the Huskies. Makes for a very interesting Saturday.

17 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

This week's Sky games...

Washington Huskies (12-0) vs Oregon Ducks (11-1), Pac-12 Championship Game, Saturday 0100

Texas Longhorns (11-1) vs Oklahoma State Cowboys (9-3), Big 12 Championship Game, Saturday 1700

Tulane Green Wave (11-1) vs SMU Green Wave (10-2), American Conference Championship Game, Saturday 2100

Florida State Seminoles (12-0) vs Louisville Cardinals (10-2), ACC Championship Game, Sunday 0100

Any reason the Conference Amerkca game was on later than the Big12? Seems the wrong way round to me.

I reckon:

1.Michigan

2.Washington

3. Florida State

4. Alabama

----------

5. Georgia

6.Texas

7. Ohio State

They might make Washington #1 so they can get Michigan-Alabama in the final, rather than the semi, but I doubt it.

Offense needs to sharpen up over the month off, but gotta love that defense! Threepeat baby 〽️🔵

- Georgia loses the championship game, simply out on that factor alone. Feels harsh, but it's a very tight race and they blew it.

- Alabama as SEC Champs will naturally have the committee's hearts a-flutter, but the big asterisk is their one loss to...

- Texas, who have a comparable season to Bama but the Longhorns have the direct tiebreaker through their win in Tuscaloosa.

In reality it should be:

1. Michigan
2. Washington
3. Florida State
4. Texas

... but I can definitely see Alabama weaseling their way past Texas.

I reckon it would take some brass neck for the committee to pick Bama over Texas, but their SEC bias might (a.k.a. probably) not be able to handle the conference missing out entirely.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

I'll be stunned if they ignore the SEC, but it just highlights how fucked up the college football playoffs are. It's always baffled me that a committee sits down and decides who goes through.

The 12 team playoff from next season should solve at least some of that problem.

4 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

1. Michigan

2. Washington 

3. Texas

4. Alabama.

Not surprised they didn't shut out the SEC, but an absolute scandal not to have Florida State in there.

It's a shocker imo, first time ever an undefeated power 5 champion has been left out. 

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

It's a shocker imo, first time ever an undefeated power 5 champion has been left out. 

It's horrendous. If Alabama or Texas win the Championship and Florida State win their bowl game, they'll be the only undefeated team in the country and got shut out. If Alabama and Texas were undefeated as well I understand that one team needs to miss out, but that's not the case. Shocking decision. 

Roll on 2024 and a proper playoff.