NCAA Football 2023

Liamjones

4 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

How is that Georgia QB still playing College at 25 years old? He's only ten months younger than Lamar Jackson. 

He started college like 2 months before he turned 20 and then got an extra season because of Covid.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Reason for the bump in the thread is more Conference moves. Superconferences are on the horizon.

Last week Colorado confirmed they were moving back to the Big 12.

That's triggered Washington & Oregon joining USC and UCLA in moving to the B1G.

That takes the PAC-12 down to 7 teams for 2024-25.

Arizona, Arizona St. and Utah are all rumoured to be looking at the Big 12. Cal and Stanford are angling for the B1G. Washington St & Oregon St. left with the Mountain West as a last resort.

Some ACC teams are making noises. Even to the extreme of trying to dissolve the Conference in order to escape Grant of Rights issues.

Edited by FairWeatherFan

The alerts on my phone (bleacher report / the Athletic) were going nuts at the weekend as all this news was dropping.

i think they need to get in a room and hash it all out, have 1 or 2 conferences and allocate teams to them. can't do promotion or relegation as they are American.

• 4 weeks later...

Notre Dame home games on Sky will be the only televised college football in the UK this year, which is a major bummer.

I thankfully have other means to watch the games and occupy my Saturday nights, but this must come as a blow to those of us who can't get to see any games.